Any one else think IG's customer support is an utter disgrace?

MrShed

Question

I've had trouble with them since I opened the account, but it's come to a head today as I had a problem with the platform which has stopped me from placing trades.  An urgent inquiry you would think, but I've been unable to raise anyone on the phone line, it just rings for hours without being picked up, and the live support team are useless.  40 minute plus wait just to have someone that is completely clueless about the platform or trading tell you to ring the phone line again.  I've missed out on an entry point I've been waiting on for a while now because of this, and I'm becoming so exasperated I think I need to change brokers.  Am I missing something here? their website says its 24/5 customer support from experts yet I've never managed to find one. 

3 answers to this question

IG support is terrible.  I have had an account for more years than I care to remember and they have lost the link between my live account and my community profile.  Each email reply I get is from a different person who just repeats the same irrelevant questions and points the last person sent.  There's only so many times I can handle the instructions "clear cookies", "use chrome".

Has anyone else had the link between their account and community profile lost?  If so, how was the link restored?  I keep getting asked t o complete my profile even though I have been posting on the forum for 4 years.

1 hour ago, HeOfMuchDisgrunt said:

I don't understand why @IGCharlotte doesn't often reply when tagged, or why other representatives of IG don't bother to address issues raised on here. 

it would help if you used the correct tag which will auto fill if right such as @CharlotteIG and the font turns red. 

But as I mentioned in another thread earlier today in the forum;

... this forum was set up for clients to exchange info and ideas and was never meant to be a back door to the helpdesk, though occassionally a moderator may perform that task - based on long term observation - I can say it's more likely they won't.