2 minute charts on MT4

Philip_Hodgson

Question

Is it possible to get a 2 minute chart of DAX and DOW on MT4? I would like to use the EasyOrder script to automatically calculate my stake size when opening trades on a 2 minute chart, but I can't find one anywhere, and can't work out how to create a custom chart..

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, Philip_Hodgson said:

Is it possible to get a 2 minute chart of DAX and DOW on MT4? I would like to use the EasyOrder script to automatically calculate my stake size when opening trades on a 2 minute chart, but I can't find one anywhere, and can't work out how to create a custom chart..

Hi, yes you can, there is a period coverter with mt4 and in the IG download app pack but a better one you can download from this page.

MT4 Period Converter - Use Custom Time Frames in Metatrader 4 (fxdayjob.com)

Download the converter, make a copy from your download folder, paste it into the mt4 indicators folder (step 2). 

Open the navigator panel in mt4, right click and click Refresh, the new coverter should appear.

Open a M1 Dow, drag and drop the Converter from the Navigator panel onto the M1 and follow the other steps on the web page.

The chart you create is an offline chart (File > Offline charts) driven in realtime by the 1 minute chart you load the converter onto so must keep the M1 chart open for the M2 chart to work.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      14/01/21 09:51

Newest Member
    MGHISEA
    Joined 20/04/21 12:42
    • According to the math , we are nearing the top end of the returns range.  Fade  consensus stick with the math. 
    • mom analysis on the returns of XRP. Is the juice worth the squeeze at this moment ? I think it’s better to sit this one out
    • While Johnson claims that his lockdowns were a success the UK had one of the highest death rates in Europe, the reality of Sweden and Florida proved him wrong long ago. In actual fact he made things worse by following the Gov'n of New York in emptying the hospitals sending covid infected elderly back to care homes. Exactly the opposite of what was needed and directly against original pandemic plans that concentrated on protecting the vulnerable. All totally ignored by the media of course.