Jump to content

Setting support/resistance levels


Recommended Posts

Hi all, just wondering whether open/closing prices are more important for finding support/resistance levels or are the wicks as important? Depending on the market the high/lows of a period can make a considerable difference to where you might consider a stop loss location for example.

Thanks for the advice

Link to post
20 hours ago, u0362565 said:

Hi all, just wondering whether open/closing prices are more important for finding support/resistance levels or are the wicks as important? Depending on the market the high/lows of a period can make a considerable difference to where you might consider a stop loss location for example.

Thanks for the advice

How long is a piece of string  ?   Generally i put stops behind lows and highs not open or close  

Link to post
28 minutes ago, Ozquant said:

How long is a piece of string  ?   Generally i put stops behind lows and highs not open or close  

Good point.. but yes I think that does make more sense as the open/close is not so significant. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, u0362565 said:

Good point.. but yes I think that does make more sense as the open/close is not so significant. 

The high and low show exactly where the opposition stepped in and started to overpower the trend and there may well be unfilled orders still waiting there should price return. Also though the daily close also has special significance as it is noted by a lot of bigger traders.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      15,132
    • Total Posts
      73,148
    • Total Members
      61,466
    • Most Online
      5,137
      14/01/21 09:51

    Newest Member
    AdrianSerban
    Joined 07/05/21 11:11
  • Posts

    • Hi all, do you have any advice about what to do when a market crashes? I would assume a major crash was like what we saw last year when coronavirus broke. I only started looking into trading just after that happened so have not experienced one yet. Although was involved in the recovery which was a baptism of fire..I guess the question is, do you know when you're in a crash scenario? Of course the news might give clues but you don't know how far the market will fall so are you inevitably going to lose money at least in the short term? This especially if you're a long trader. I assume you don't just carry on trading as you normally would. Thanks for the advice.
    • Don't take this as gospel but I think SMSF's are the same as SIPP's. Which they no longer do. I think doing it through Commsec, ANZ or Nabtrade would be far easier. 
    • how can I deposit my account
×
×
  • Create New...