Spread betting lows

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

Good Morning.

I have noticed a few times that lows on some of the spread betting markets are unusually low and do not reflect typical market prices. For example, on 16th March (yesterday) Microsoft saw a low of 129 (almost a 50% drop in a day) and then recovered. Is this actually right? Or a con? I thought spread betting prices followed market prices. 

Thanks in advance.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      14/01/21 09:51

Newest Member
    tolite
    Joined 18/05/21 05:47
    • What funds did you have to cover your margins? Overnight the ASX200 dropped to 7000 so all your positions would have been in a loss situation & if you had insufficient margin, they would close the positions.
    • Hi   I had 2 long positions that were opened. I did not put any order to close them ie I was just leaving them opened without stop loss any the profit target . But suddenly they were closed this morning? Why?
    • Yes - there was a consolidation action of 1 for 1500 of these securities : https://www.sharesmagazine.co.uk/news/market/LSE20210504170819_3963598/GraniteShares-3STS-Reverse-split-Consolidation I've been on chat and on the phone to IG - they've done the consolidation, but still not updated the correct prices, which should of course also rise by ~1,500 on a ceteris paribus basis (all things the same). At the time of writing this, TSLA has dropped a further 2.4% today, so these securities ought to have risen ~ 7.2% (3x short TSLA) on the day.  The IG person I spoke with this evening promised me he would check with the relevant team and revert. My call was very late in the day (after 6pm) so I trust that they will have this resolved in the morning. If not, I do suggest calling again.