Candles and Volume Profile Different for same instrument, So where is Data Derived from and which is OTC / Exchange

Guest Frustrated

Guest Frustrated

Trying to understand where each data set is derived from as candle open close positions and volume QTY patens are different for the same instrument and time scale  at  the same time stamp for each.

ig platform spread bet, ( OTC Contracts ?)

ig platform share dealing ( Exchange shares)

PRT thru IG Spread bet (?)

PRT thru IG share dealing (?)

As these differ one may show increasing volume and another showing decreasing volume for the same time stamp.   Candle opens can be different even different colour to  the other data source.  Obviously each difference would cause a different trading reaction / thought.

To test set up each version so you can see all live on the same  time scale and watch closely.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      14/01/21 09:51

Newest Member
    tolite
    Joined 18/05/21 05:47
    • What funds did you have to cover your margins? Overnight the ASX200 dropped to 7000 so all your positions would have been in a loss situation & if you had insufficient margin, they would close the positions.
    • Hi   I had 2 long positions that were opened. I did not put any order to close them ie I was just leaving them opened without stop loss any the profit target . But suddenly they were closed this morning? Why?
    • Yes - there was a consolidation action of 1 for 1500 of these securities : https://www.sharesmagazine.co.uk/news/market/LSE20210504170819_3963598/GraniteShares-3STS-Reverse-split-Consolidation I've been on chat and on the phone to IG - they've done the consolidation, but still not updated the correct prices, which should of course also rise by ~1,500 on a ceteris paribus basis (all things the same). At the time of writing this, TSLA has dropped a further 2.4% today, so these securities ought to have risen ~ 7.2% (3x short TSLA) on the day.  The IG person I spoke with this evening promised me he would check with the relevant team and revert. My call was very late in the day (after 6pm) so I trust that they will have this resolved in the morning. If not, I do suggest calling again.