FTSE 350 Banks

I had a position on which I closed out at 2877 and now I have an email saying that the closing price was 2833 and i will be ripped off for 16 pips, been waiting on the phone for 45 minuts trying to contact someone/anyone. by the way how come the ftse website price is showing at 3837, which is the real price?

1808832301_Screenshot2021-03-24at16_52_23.thumb.png.c6bc07cb2356404b98559c6f7f447c7d.pngThis seems to be the case with all IG's FTSE sector indices.

I was trying to call IG to get an explanation, when I noticed my long trade on FTSE 350 Electronic & Electrical Equipment had just been closed after it hit my stop loss. However, my independent charting software does not show this low level of 8835 being breached at all today! The lowest it has dropped to since the beginning of this year was 9596 on the 8/3/21 (Screenshot attached).

So why has my position been closed out at its stop level today?

Edited by Jeev121

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    celeste
    Joined 14/06/21 10:54
    • Have to say Casey, your contributions on the on going Covid story (monumental ballsup) have been a tonic. Was sceptical for sometime but am more sympathetic to your premise regarding the pandemic and the reaction to it. Vaccines are such good PR, it is a shame that the general population are being used as guinea pigs for DNA altering drugs with as yet unknown and potentially damaging long-term consequences and side effects. Doubly bazarre,the governments of the planet are prepared to take the risk in the name of exigency. AZ is particularly dirty and incomplete, if not down right dangerous as to be considered a lethal weapon to some of the unfortunates unlucky enough to experience the more unpleasant side effects of being injected with it. Such is political expediency and exigency at the altar of public health. Forgive the unPC comments, but they are borne from experience, as my wife has had long-term reactions to the "cure". Most folk don't want to hear anything but the popular narrative, even if it vere's heartily away from some inconvenient truths. So thank you Casey keep up the good work, it's appreciated.
    • Don't think the bull run has ended, just a correction is very much on the cards. Timing of which suggests we have some room to manoeuvre but would not be surprised at all if the market tops out within the next couple of weeks, or anytime around 21/06....Suggest it is more a profit taking exercise than genuine full scale correction, which could/should be later in the year. Only mentioned this as markets have been red hot for months and swimming in liquidity, sooner or later some of that will be taken out in the form of profit taking. Suggest it may be a 10% er or even more. In the past have purchased  ETFs that short the market and like to buy the Vix at less than 20, as it's a fair form of insurance (Imho). Psychologically, the oil markets have a problem with WTI being over the $75, which at current rates of progress is due to top out sooner than later. Just mentioning it. 
    • Robert W Malone, MD @RWMaloneMD  1d ''What happens to confidence in public health and US Gov if ivermectin turns out to be safe and effective for COVID, and the genetic vaccines turn out to have significant safety issues? This looks like a very plausible scenario from where I sit.''   'The Evidence-Based Medicine Consultancy Ltd wrote to the head of the MHRA calling for the immediate halt to the vaccines. They have been calling for use of IVM (Ivermectin) since Xmas & have been ignored by the UK gov.' Microsoft Word - Urgent Preliminary Report of Yellow Card Data 9-6-2021.docx (filesusr.com)