I need help with a stocks and shares ISA, I already hold one with Hargreaves and Lansdown and thought I opened one with IG today but looking at the set up it looks like a Trading account.

I need to know if there will be any tax implications as I deposited on Hargreaves and Lansdown on the 7th of April but the companies I want to invest in are only on IG.

Tried live chat … nothing

Been on hold on the phone for over an hour … nothing so hoping this post proves more successful.

Thanks

Kie 

Under HMRC rules, you can only fund with one ISA provider in a tax year, so if you want to trade through an IG ISA you will have to request IG to transfer the funds over from HL. Don't close the HL ISA yourself.   

BUT you will have to get hold of IG to do it!  May be worth sending an email - they may be able to reply with the relevant documents

Guest morning everyone,

can someone help me how can I do crypto trading ? shall I do throuh IG platform or I should have different app ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• NASDAQ Stock market Elliott Wave Analysis and trading strategies: NASDAQ 100 (NDX) QQQ ETF, SP500 (SPX), SPY,  Apple (AAPL), Tesla (TSLA), Amazon (AMZN), Nvidia (NVDA), Microsoft (MSFT), Meta Platforms (META), Netflix (NFLX), Alphabet (GOOGL)  Elliott Wave Analysis of NDX Tech Stocks: NASDAQ Elliott Wave (i) of v) of 1 of (5) of 3).  The main wave count for stock and indices is still on track. Only very short-term trade should trade long. Swing trades should be looking to scale out mid to later this week. Our next serious long trade will be from Minor Wave 2 low. AMZN and TSLA have different counts, however on an intraday basis they will move with the general market, just with different counts. Video Chapters 00:00 NASDAQ 100 (NDX) SP 500 04:13 Apple (AAPL) 09:34 Amazon (AMZN) 12:14 NVIDIA (NVDA) 14:08 Meta Platforms (META) 15:39 Netflix (NFLX)  16:41 Alphabet (GOOGL) 17:32 Microsoft MSFT 18:31 Tesla (TSLA) 20:25 End Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge.com   
    • I am already staking my eth on the platform and currently holding BGB to explore their PoolX event that has a similar high APR.
    • Risk averse ways of earning always seem like good opportunities to earn some good bucks in the Crypto Space.  Certain platforms have taken it upon themselves to bring up worthwhile ways of giving users latitude to earn.  Bitget in its usual manner have brought forth an event to let users earn just by staking ETH. The APR is really Juicy, It is about 20%.  The event is exclusively for African new sign-ups. It seems like one to participate in for the newbies. Participating is relatively simple, you just need to navigate to platform's earn product and choose the corresponding product to stake and earn passively without necessarily risking anything.
us