Improve Spreads on Options

Guest Hywel

Can you improve the spreads on the options products please? I just sold a Call and a Put in the SP500 in Feb, £10 point and I know it'll cost nothing to close but as soon as I place the trade I'm £30 down. The only reason I didn't place it with Interactive Brokers is you need a minimum £10000 account size. When TastyWorks starts accepting international clients at the end of the month and has a minimum account size of £2000, the same trade will cost me $2 to open and nothing to close. Thanks.

Hi , thanks for the post.

There's a fairly complex algorithm as to how we price our options, and we'll then wrap our spread around this which is determined by our volatility desk and by general business decisions, so I'm afraid we would not really be able to change the prices you see for the calls and puts on the platform.  We can't comment on how other providers may price similar markets, so apologies you're not fully happy with them.  I can certainly pass on your feedback to the desk!

Thanks,

Hannah

Have a question? Try searching the community to see if it has already been answered.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• While browsing the web today, I stumbled upon the Apu Apustaja site, captivated by its melodious music and perfect rhythm. Intrigued, I delved into the project. APU stands out as a community-driven memecoin that emerged from the fallout of a rug-pulled project. Through unwavering dedication and transparency, the community resurrected APU, propelling it to become one of the fastest-growing memecoins, boasting a market capitalization of over $115M according to CoinMarketCap. A closer look reveals APU's ambitious aim: to emulate and surpass the success of PEPE. With leading exchanges like Bitget now listing APU, exposing it to a wider audience, it seems only a matter of time before this gem reaches a market cap of $500M or even $1B. What are your thoughts on this project? I encourage you to explore their website to get a firsthand glimpse of what I'm talking about.
    • Elliott Wave Analysis of Stock Markets: In today's update, I'm shifting focus to provide a broader perspective. With recent profit-taking in technology stocks, it's pertinent to examine the daily charts of major indices like the S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100, along with key tech companies including Apple, Tesla, Amazon, Nvidia, Microsoft, Meta Platforms, Netflix, and Alphabet. I'll discuss how these stocks are collectively aligning with their respective corrective pattern targets, offering a comprehensive view of the market's movements. Video Chapters 00:00 NASDAQ 100 (NDX) SP500 (SPX) 05:10 Apple (AAPL) 06:20 Amazon (AMZN) 06:57 NVIDIA (NVDA) 07:57 Meta Platforms (META) 08:53 Netflix (NFLX)  09:44 Alphabet (GOOGL) 10:49 Microsoft MSFT 12:44 Tesla (TSLA) 14:35 End Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge.com   
    • Would love to grab it at a little bit lower ...
us