Sign in to follow this  

Indicator Alert missing on new platform?

Good day

The indicator alert from the classic platform is one of the features that is still in progress on the new web trading platform. The indicator alert is something that is definitely going to be available but unfortunately at this stage we do not have an exact date of when it will be launched on the new platform.

Thank you for your post and for your patience.

Regards

Anton

Hi

I am sorry about the delay but unfortunately we still do not have a proposed live date for indicator alerts to go live. It is a feature that we definitely look to add to the platform but it is not on the list of immanent features. Once we have a proposed live date then we will communicate it on the community.

Thanks

Anton

I an also a little bemused by this - I use these all the time, but your attempts to get me to move across to the new platform are certainly hampered by the lack of this.  Why set up a new platform with fewer features?

Hi   

We are looking at the implementation of indicator alerts onto the new platform right now, as part of the process we'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the following:

- How do you use Indicator alerts?

- What do you like or dislike about the classic platform implementation? Anything that can be improved or which should stay the same?

Hi Raoul

I use upper and lower Bollinger Band alerts on (mainly indices) markets.  I make many trades from these trigger points and like the audible alert. I do not make use of push notifications or email alerts.

If it could be developed I would love to have the options to set an automated buy / sell at these trigger points. However this is not near the top of my wish list if this means delaying bringing the indicator alerts on board!

Hi ,

The most useful feature for me - which the Classic Platform doesn't do - would be to have common indicator alerts that can apply to everything within a specified watchlist. That way we can easily add and remove things from the watchlist without the tedious task of having to redo all indicator alerts individually each time.

So when setting up an indicator alert, we're given a choice: apply to a single security, or "Watchlist X".

Example common indicator uses:

Stochastic below 20 AND RSI below 30 - "Oversold"

Stochastic above 80 AND RSI above 70 - "Overbought"

MACD cross - "Momentum change"

Thanks.

Right! I also have 4 favourite indicators I like to use for my entire watchlist (FX). Not so much for the indicator graphic but for the drop down numeric data say momentum & volume.

Hi RaoulS

Sorry, I missed your message.

I use alerts for warnings:

to close trades, like a stop loss but one I can examine and take action manually.

to look to take a trade, for example like a buy stop or a buy limit, again applying the trade manually.

I like to have them sent by SMS so I can respond if I am out and about.

I like the classic platform implementation (perhaps familiarity).

Thanks for asking.

I also like the classic platform, mainly because I use indicator alerts to be warned of possible setups and I don't see them available yet on the new platform. As you say familiarity, like 30minutetrading. I also like the mobile/tablet platform which. I perceive as a simple version of the new platform so I feel that once the new platform has full functunality it will be fine (if a little cluttered on screen).

Hi all - you should be able to see the new web trading platforms indicator alerts on all charts. Please check the picture below and let us know what you think. Cheers

2017-10-02 08_51_04-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

Hi ,

Just tested this on a chart opened in a new window (i.e. ... a tear off chart) which was set to alert me immediately (once) and it really does not work that well:

1. It does not display anything on the chart to signify that an alert has been triggered.

2. I have Alert Sound Effect set to On on the Trading Platform but did not receive any alert for the two alerts that were triggered (and yes......the sound is on at my Mac). No good if you have multiple charts open with alerts set on them so then you can switch to relevant one when required.

3. The only visible trigger was in the twitter feed to the right hand side of the Trading Platform - easy to miss.

4. On opening the Alerts window in the Trading Platform I can see that both were triggered.

Hi , I've tried this on my platform and I always get the alert sound. I did this in Chrome, what browser are you using and what's the indicator alert you're setting up?

I'll pass your feedback onto our developers, about it not showing on the chart when triggered and being easy to miss the notification in top right so thanks for this.

In the meantime you could try setting up push notifications on your phone to make sure you don't miss your indicator alerts. Head to My IG > Settings > Notifications > Tick Mobile push for Indicator alerts.

Will