Thoughts and opinions on the Chia Node and Chia token

mikail7177

What are your thoughts of the Chia coin, and has anyone started mining (farming) it?

I am setting up a node with 10tb of space if anyone is interested I can post info on how it goes here. All I know is that in my country the price of HDD/SSD/NVM storage skyrocketed

I played around with it (created two plots of the smallest viable K-32 size). While I'm farming this tiny amount now I've stopped plotting until pooling is introduced - since existing plots aren't going to be compatible with pooling.

The cost of wearing out SSDs is high. You're effectively buying (via SSD wear) lottery tickets (the plots) with a chance of winning a lottery (by farming). Without pooling its unlikely small players will win. The "estimated time to win" is based on current network space that will probably rise at a very quick rate reducing your chance of winning exponentially. 

Unless you're farming petabytes, using the rule of large numbers to take out the lottery element, its not worth the time of smaller farmers imho. It may be worthwhile when they introduce pooling.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Anyday
    Joined 17/01/22 19:49
    • Market data to trade on Tuesday: USD/JPY; EUR/GBP; GS As the first central bank meetings of the new year start to take place, IGTV’s Daniela Sabin Hathorn takes a look at USD/JPY ahead of the Bank of Japan meeting on Tuesday. EUR/GBP is also in focus ahead of the UK unemployment reading for November, and on the corporate calendar Goldman Sachs (GS) takes the spotlight. https://www.ig.com/uk/market-insight-articles/market-data-to-trade-on-tuesday--usd-jpy--eur-gbp--gs-220117
    • Hi @Jgreen55 For ISAs, if there’s a share or ETF you’d like to invest in that isn’t on our list and you can't find on our platform, you can email a request to helpdesk.uk@ig.com with the stock name and ticker. We’re happy to see if we can add it to our platform.  Link: Help and support / Share dealing and ISAs   All the best - MongiIG