Thoughts and opinions on the Chia Node and Chia token

What are your thoughts of the Chia coin, and has anyone started mining (farming) it?

I am setting up a node with 10tb of space if anyone is interested I can post info on how it goes here. All I know is that in my country the price of HDD/SSD/NVM storage skyrocketed

I played around with it (created two plots of the smallest viable K-32 size). While I'm farming this tiny amount now I've stopped plotting until pooling is introduced - since existing plots aren't going to be compatible with pooling.

The cost of wearing out SSDs is high. You're effectively buying (via SSD wear) lottery tickets (the plots) with a chance of winning a lottery (by farming). Without pooling its unlikely small players will win. The "estimated time to win" is based on current network space that will probably rise at a very quick rate reducing your chance of winning exponentially. 

Unless you're farming petabytes, using the rule of large numbers to take out the lottery element, its not worth the time of smaller farmers imho. It may be worthwhile when they introduce pooling.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    kalyan1977
    Joined 05/08/21 06:30
    • For more up to date news on how markets will open, the latest earnings and economic news, watch IGTV live in the platform at 07:30am UK. Today’s coverage:   Team GB 4th in medals table at Tokyo 2020 Indices: CAC hits 20yr high as Europe overall expected to open mixed. Asia mostly up, ASX200 new record high. FTSE250, yesterday hi t a new record high FX: Watching sterling ahead of Bank of England rate decision at noon. USD received a boost as more Fed commentators indicate bullish commentary Equities: UBER multi-month low as costs outweigh good Q2 earnings. SIE raises guidance. Watching RR AIG today Commods: Brent tests $70 support
    • Hi all, Could you please check in My IG > Settings > Prices & dealing alerts: You can check if the alerts are correctly set up on that screen. If you have set up your alerts on a mobile app you might need to setup the alerts on the web platform as they won't carry over.  We are working on syncing both alerts across. All the best - Arvin
    • Hi @StevenCham, Your request has been submitted ! All the best - Arvin