Sign in to follow this  

Tear-Off Chart

Hi,

I've just started using the new platform but see there is no 'Tear-Off' chart option. This is useful as you can open it as a free standing chart and move it over to another monitor to keep it clear of the main platform. You can then expand it to full screen.

The only way I've found to do this is to open a new workspace in a new tab, add the chart and then move that tab to a new monitor - it's a bit of a faff compared to the old platform.

Is there any intention to add the 'tear-off' option?

Hi , thanks for the post.

You've cracked how to essentially 'tear off' a chart in the new web trading platform, the idea behind it being it is easier to maintain and save separately your different workspaces - which can then be dragged into a new tab - than multiple charts.  We're not looking to have the same 'tear-off' functionality as in the classic platform, but I can certainly pass on your feedback.

It would be good to hear from other new platform users how you feel about this updated functionality!

Thanks,

Hannah

Thanks Hannah,

That makes sense, and I have it working fine now.

One more, unrelated question. On the price alerts, I can't see any way to edit an alert - I believe you can only delete them but not edit or reset them once triggered. Is this correct, or have I missed how (where) to do it?

Hi , thanks for the reply.

I've just been discussing this with the new web platform team, and it looks like the alerts facility is still in progress.  At the moment, if you click on a triggered alert it pops out of the chart and you need to set it again.  This will definitely be improved as the editing feature is indeed a key one, so please just bear with us while it is built in, and you can re-set the alerts as a temporary fix for now.

Thanks again!

Hannah

First thing I looked for was the ability to tear off a chart.  Not tried the workaround - but it does sound like a poor workaround if I have to create a workspace just to move a chart on to a separate monitor. 

One reason for tearing off charts is so that I can discuss a chart without other people without revealing my private financial details.  I can't find a way to hide that information.  It's also why I like to have separate tickets.  And if I try and hide the order information I just get stuck with big fat deal buttons instead.  I'd like to turn those off too.

On a positive note, very happy to see that the charts are much more lightweight that the previous proprietary charts!

Hi , , 

We're pleased to say that you can now open a "tear-off" chart/deal ticket. There's two ways to do this:

1. From the chart itself, right-click the market name and select Open in new window:

Tear off from chart.png

2. Right-click a market name from your watchlist and select Open in new window:

Tear off from list.png

Let us know what you think of this!

Anton

Hadn't seen all these other threads when I posted in the general comment thread!

Excellent addition having the 'open in new window' feature. For me it would be ideal to have the option to just open a deal ticket in a new window.

Is it possible to change it to two options - 'Open chart in new window' and 'Open ticket in new window'?

Thanks

That is a fudge, not a solution. I remember the slim ticket that I could have floating over my analysis software - ready to go. I don't want to see the chart (can this be hidden) attached to the order ticket - a small ticket that takes up minimal screen real estate.

tomC

I second that. Tear off price is quite useful to have it floating on top of other windows while I'm working.

Hi  & ,

I just want to notify you that you are now able to create a tear off ticket by right clicking on an instrument from the finder or watchlist and then select the option to "open ticket". This will create a ticket window without the chart.

Thanks

Anton

Great work, however, there is still no option to tear off an "Open Tick/Order". Will this be available any time soon?

Regards,

tom

Hi 

You can create a tear off ticket by right clicking on the instrument name and then select the option called " Open Ticket In New Window", it then creates a ticket like the image below.

tear off ticket.PNG

Thanks

Anton

Try reading what I said - I'll try using bigger words. I am talking about the ability to tear off a ticket for a position that is already open so that I can manage an existing "already opened" order. 

If this was not clear in my previous post, hopefully the above will clarify. 

Is the above ever going to be addressed?

Are you ever going fix the wildly inaccurate volume data on the Oil Daily and futures derivatives? (which I no longer trade as your data is inaccurate)

Are you going to get rid of the uninformed idiots who hang up calls and disconnect chats on a Friday afternoons(must be time for the pub or something) after spewing absolute lies and rubbish for an hour?

Get your act together IG, you used to be good.

Hi  - if you were to use the method suggest above, and providing that your your dealing permissions are set up correctly, then you would be able to have a tear off ticket at you described. Alternatively you can have a separate work space with your open positions 'added to workspace' which you then tear off by right clicking and opening in a new browser tab. 

In regards to oil we throttle the data in regards to volume on tick info (which then has a knock on effect to the cumulative data for longer time frames). Despite this throttle all values should still be proportionally accurate when viewed against their counter parties in the IG environment. This is unlikely to change although I shall feed it back to our developers and dealing desk. 

If you ever feel that one of our trading support staff haven't provided you with the level of customer satisfaction which you expect then please let us know the specifics (date, time, number called on etc) and we shall of course conduct an investigation. All calls and conversations on live chat are recorded. 

I hope this clarifies a number of points for you. All the best. 

James,

Well, either my permissions are not set up correctly or the feature does not exist; and the second option is just a fudge that does not save me much screen space.

To clarify:

Tear off ticket works if I open a "New" ticket

Tear off ticket does not work if I try and open ticket for an "Open" order

With regards to Oil, I was just going to give up on this and not bother trading trading it, but then I realised that, you are the 4th person to give me a completely different answer:

Have been told:

Volume is correct

Volume is incorrect

Volume is incorrect, but it will be fixed

What you said

A number of years ago, there was the same issue with WallstreetDaily volume and after querying it, it was fixed by the following week and is pretty much inline with the futures contract (YM) volume whereas CrudeOil is nowhere near (as much as half the CL volume).

Since nobody at IG seems to be able to give me a straight answer or agree on an answer and knowing that similar issues with volume on other instruments have been promptly resoived in the past, I am underwhelmed.

I trade intraday and I use IG data on Ninjatrader and have spent considerably money and time on products that utilise volume data (VWAP, Volume Profile). This works fine with all other IG futures instruments except CrudeOil, so telling me it is proportionally accurate does not help and the data IG is providing for Crude is inaccurate in relation to the underlying product.

With regards to your 3rd answer, I no longer have a copy of the log.

Your answers to my previous posts have not provided me with any clarity or confidence and I do not think that this ticket is solved.