error message DUPLICATE_ORDER_ERROR when closing my position via API

waaf75

Question

Hello,

I'm using a robot which is opening and closing my positions through IG API every day. Up to 2.5K€, I have no issue for closing my position but each time that I'm increasing my daily trading to 10K€, I got the error message "DUPLICATE_ORDER_ERROR" when closing my position via the API. I did check several time but I'm not closing the same position several time at the the same time. I got this error message at the first trial !!! the only solution that I found for closing my position is to decrease the quantity of my closing order but it takes ages (5 min), and I need several orders (10) so it costs me a fortune. Up to 100€ for closing  a 10K€ position where it should be more in range of 45€.

Any idea how to prevent getting this error ?

Thank you so much in advance but this errors costs me a lot fo money

Waaf75

3 answers to this question

On 06/07/2021 at 06:08, waaf75 said:

Hello,

I'm using a robot which is opening and closing my positions through IG API every day. Up to 2.5K€, I have no issue for closing my position but each time that I'm increasing my daily trading to 10K€, I got the error message "DUPLICATE_ORDER_ERROR" when closing my position via the API. I did check several time but I'm not closing the same position several time at the the same time. I got this error message at the first trial !!! the only solution that I found for closing my position is to decrease the quantity of my closing order but it takes ages (5 min), and I need several orders (10) so it costs me a fortune. Up to 100€ for closing  a 10K€ position where it should be more in range of 45€.

Any idea how to prevent getting this error ?

Thank you so much in advance but this errors costs me a lot fo money

Waaf75

Hi Waaf75, for assistance on API I would recommend to email our helpdesk with your details ans API key at helpdesk.uk@ig.com . The IT will be able to look at the issue you are facing and come back to your with a solution.

All the best - Arvin

On 07/07/2021 at 04:11, ArvinIG said:

Hi Waaf75, for assistance on API I would recommend to email our helpdesk with your details ans API key at helpdesk.uk@ig.com . The IT will be able to look at the issue you are facing and come back to your with a solution.

All the best - Arvin

Thanks Arvin, but I have been already in contact with them without success. The only answer that I got is that I'm using the wrong deal ID which is wrong because I can close my position using the Deal ID that I get from IG API with 2.5K€...really strange.

9 hours ago, waaf75 said:

Thanks Arvin, but I have been already in contact with them without success. The only answer that I got is that I'm using the wrong deal ID which is wrong because I can close my position using the Deal ID that I get from IG API with 2.5K€...really strange.

Hi @waaf75,

Have you check this link https://labs.ig.com/rest-trading-api-reference ?

You can try to send us screenshots, it might help to identify the issue.

All the best - Arvin