Jump to content
  • 0

error message DUPLICATE_ORDER_ERROR when closing my position via API


waaf75

Question

Hello,

I'm using a robot which is opening and closing my positions through IG API every day. Up to 2.5K€, I have no issue for closing my position but each time that I'm increasing my daily trading to 10K€, I got the error message "DUPLICATE_ORDER_ERROR" when closing my position via the API. I did check several time but I'm not closing the same position several time at the the same time. I got this error message at the first trial !!! the only solution that I found for closing my position is to decrease the quantity of my closing order but it takes ages (5 min), and I need several orders (10) so it costs me a fortune. Up to 100€ for closing  a 10K€ position where it should be more in range of 45€.

Any idea how to prevent getting this error ?

Thank you so much in advance but this errors costs me a lot fo money

 

Waaf75

 

Link to comment

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 06/07/2021 at 06:08, waaf75 said:

Hello,

I'm using a robot which is opening and closing my positions through IG API every day. Up to 2.5K€, I have no issue for closing my position but each time that I'm increasing my daily trading to 10K€, I got the error message "DUPLICATE_ORDER_ERROR" when closing my position via the API. I did check several time but I'm not closing the same position several time at the the same time. I got this error message at the first trial !!! the only solution that I found for closing my position is to decrease the quantity of my closing order but it takes ages (5 min), and I need several orders (10) so it costs me a fortune. Up to 100€ for closing  a 10K€ position where it should be more in range of 45€.

Any idea how to prevent getting this error ?

Thank you so much in advance but this errors costs me a lot fo money

 

Waaf75

 

Hi Waaf75, for assistance on API I would recommend to email our helpdesk with your details ans API key at helpdesk.uk@ig.com . The IT will be able to look at the issue you are facing and come back to your with a solution.

All the best - Arvin

Link to comment
  • 0
On 07/07/2021 at 04:11, ArvinIG said:

Hi Waaf75, for assistance on API I would recommend to email our helpdesk with your details ans API key at helpdesk.uk@ig.com . The IT will be able to look at the issue you are facing and come back to your with a solution.

All the best - Arvin

Thanks Arvin, but I have been already in contact with them without success. The only answer that I got is that I'm using the wrong deal ID which is wrong because I can close my position using the Deal ID that I get from IG API with 2.5K€...really strange.

Link to comment
  • 0
9 hours ago, waaf75 said:

Thanks Arvin, but I have been already in contact with them without success. The only answer that I got is that I'm using the wrong deal ID which is wrong because I can close my position using the Deal ID that I get from IG API with 2.5K€...really strange.

Hi @waaf75,

Have you check this link https://labs.ig.com/rest-trading-api-reference ?

You can try to send us screenshots, it might help to identify the issue.

All the best - Arvin

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      19,044
    • Total Posts
      85,809
    • Total Members
      68,254
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    kennyd1959
    Joined 03/07/22 23:25
  • Posts

    • If we could get some news about negotations and a possible ceasefire in Ukraine then i would say this is the bottom https://edition.cnn.com/markets/fear-and-greed "That indicator previously fell to 0 in August 2002, July 2008, September 2011, September 2015, January 2016 and March 2020, observed Hartnett. When it has previously zeroed out, except in the case of a double-dip recession such as 2002 or in the event of systemic events, as in 2008 and 2011, three-month returns have been strong, as the table below shows." https://www.marketwatch.com/story/based-on-history-the-next-bull-market-is-just-months-away-and-could-take-the-s-p-500-to-6000-says-bofa-11655475414
    • The CME Bitcoin futures BTC main contract was at $19,370 late Friday (Chinese time) in New York, up 3.25% from Thursday's New York session, and trading in the $18,630-20,790 range during the session, down 8.87% for the week. the CME Ethereum futures DCR main contract was at $1065.50, up 5.08% from Thursday, and trading in the 1009.50-$1118.00 range, down 13.02% for the week.Maybe there is still a possibility of decline.
×
×
  • Create New...