Potential December rate hike?

Guest TomB

Hi all

With the market looking for the Fed to hike rates in December,  has put together this video to discuss the key questions traders should be asking and the best trades to look at.

Do you think a rate hike is coming? Let us know your thoughts with a post below.

Tom

Guest FoxTrader

hi  - the possibility certainly increased substantially over the past week. I am going to stick to my original "no", the majority FED role players seem dovish and I think they will probably start the year with something like that opposed to end it with a rate hike? Personal opinion - they are creating a hype - and it works, everybody uses the term "FED rate hike" more :)

Happy days

I think fundamentally the markets are ready for a rate rise.  If you look at the dollar basket you can see just how strong the dollar is.  I think the markets have already priced in a rate rise and in my opinion the fed just need to get on with it.  I think most central banks (certainly the BofE) are waiting on the fed to move before they do.

When you look at the dollar basket, is it any wonder that commodities have been hit with such a strong currency.  Usually you would expect the currency to get stronger after a rate rise but I think it will just slightly ease the pressure and we could see a bit of a rebalancing when other central banks follow the fed.

Still a long way to go but a rise in December is still on the cards.  Although anything could happen ........

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Thanks for the input,  The issue is being resolved.  IG took a position Twice.  Remedy is imminent.
    • Prepare to witness a paradigm shift in Bitcoin Layer 2 solutions with Merlin Chain, an innovative platform that integrates the ZK-rollup network, decentralized oracle, and on-chain BTC anti-fraud module. With seamless compatibility with the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), Merlin Chain sets new standards for security, transparency, and interoperability in the blockchain ecosystem.  Creating a Safe and Transparent Environment: At the core of Merlin Chain's mission lies its commitment to creating a safe and transparent environment for all investors. By integrating anti-fraud security solutions directly into the blockchain, Merlin Chain mitigates the risk of fraudulent activities and ensures the integrity of transactions. With Merlin Chain, users can trust that their assets are protected and transactions are executed with the highest level of security and transparency. Excitement mounts as Merlin Chain (MERL) prepares for listing on Bitget Exchange on April 19th, 2024, at 10:00 (UTC). This milestone event not only amplifies Merlin Chain's visibility but also provides users with a trusted platform to trade and engage with the MERL token. As Merlin Chain continues to push the boundaries of Bitcoin Layer 2 solutions, its listing on Bitget Exchange marks a significant step forward in its journey towards broader recognition and adoption.
    • Rarible is a revolutionary platform for artists and creators in the digital world. It functions as both: Software: Artists can use it to create and sell unique crypto assets representing ownership of their digital work, like illustrations or animations. These are known as Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs). Marketplace: Buyers can discover and purchase these NFTs directly from creators, eliminating the need for intermediaries.   Built for the Community: It is a community-owned marketplace, powered by its native token, RARI. Owning RARI tokens gives holders a voice in shaping the platform’s future.   Exciting News! Rarible recently listed its token (RARI) on the Bitget exchange, along with a “candybomb” event to reward holders. This is a great opportunity for artists and crypto enthusiasts alike to explore the world of NFTs on Rarible.
us