Why do my shares show a loss when their price has gone up

PTtrader

I am new to this and am trying to learn the process on the Demo platform. All of the Demo shares I have bought have done well and shown a profit as their prices have gone up but I bought some demo shares in Moderna at 16300 and are now value at 32000 but the profit/loss shows a £15500 loos - I don't understand that is.

any advice would be much appreciated

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Jerrysan
    Joined 19/09/21 10:47
    • Ok, I just hope that you are consequent with your own words and don't get the Covid vaccine or don't wear a mask when you are asked to.  I hope you are not like these folks: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/sep/15/fox-news-vaccines-testing-tucker-carlson I know... I know... the guardian... It is not right-win biased.
    • Interesting data from the latest weekly PHE covid report download (as highlighted in the 'UK Vaccination Programme Part 1'. (article linked several posts above)   Attendance to emergency care and deaths from Covid (Delta)   6 months 1 Feb to 29 Aug 2021Unvaxxed     219,716Vaxxed         222,693     (27,993 + 80,877 + 113,823)   So obviously the vaccines do nothing to reduce infection and illness.But when looking at deaths alone the vaxxed are worse off. 68 per cent of covid deaths when including the partially ‘vaccinated’; while the ‘unvaccinated’ made up less than 30 per cent, when the vaxxed are less than 60% of the population.   So the Vaccines don't work they just make things worse. Reminder that when the drug companies said their vaccines had an efficacy of 95% what they meant was the difference between 0.88% (next to nothing) and 0.04% (also next to nothing). But that was against the now extinct Alpha not the now dominant vaccine resistant Delta (and all subsequent variants).   https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1014926/Technical_Briefing_22_21_09_02.pdf
    • The DMA platform is a special download so you would know if you had it. The IG web based platform as used by most clients is as described below.