Setting a Daily Loss Limit

Hi,

I have Googled and searched the forums however unable to find an answer for this.

Am I able to set a Daily Loss Limit for myself? So once the limit is hit, I am blocked from placing any more trades until the following day.

This seems like a basic request that a lot of brokers offer.

thanks 

Gareth

1 hour ago, garethw said:

Hi,

I have Googled and searched the forums however unable to find an answer for this.

Am I able to set a Daily Loss Limit for myself? So once the limit is hit, I am blocked from placing any more trades until the following day.

This seems like a basic request that a lot of brokers offer.

thanks 

Gareth

Hi @garethw,

We do not offer the a Daily Loss limit on our accounts. Nevertheless, we do have Margin call policy that is applying on leverage accounts .

Margin call is the term for when the equity on your account – the total capital you have deposited plus or minus any profits or losses – drops below your margin requirement. You can find both figures listed at the top of the IG platform.

You will get notified when your equity drop beneath 99% and 75% of your margin requirements. At 50% we will automatically close your positions.

Please keep in mind that it is your responsibility to keep an eye on it, as with high volatility your equity can drop below 50% in a short period of time.

Please find more details about margin call on this link here.

All the best - Arvin