Setting a Daily Loss Limit

garethw

Hi,

I have Googled and searched the forums however unable to find an answer for this.

Am I able to set a Daily Loss Limit for myself? So once the limit is hit, I am blocked from placing any more trades until the following day.

This seems like a basic request that a lot of brokers offer.

thanks 

Gareth

1 hour ago, garethw said:

Hi,

I have Googled and searched the forums however unable to find an answer for this.

Am I able to set a Daily Loss Limit for myself? So once the limit is hit, I am blocked from placing any more trades until the following day.

This seems like a basic request that a lot of brokers offer.

thanks 

Gareth

Hi @garethw,

We do not offer the a Daily Loss limit on our accounts. Nevertheless, we do have Margin call policy that is applying on leverage accounts .

Margin call is the term for when the equity on your account – the total capital you have deposited plus or minus any profits or losses – drops below your margin requirement. You can find both figures listed at the top of the IG platform.

You will get notified when your equity drop beneath 99% and 75% of your margin requirements. At 50% we will automatically close your positions.

Please keep in mind that it is your responsibility to keep an eye on it, as with high volatility your equity can drop below 50% in a short period of time.

Please find more details about margin call on this link here.

All the best - Arvin

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Lampo
    Joined 27/09/21 14:06
    • Market data to trade on Tuesday: USD/JPY; EUR/USD The USD/JPY trade has been following US yields up, but as IGTV’s Jeremy Naylor remarks, there may be a boost to this trade if the minutes of the last Bank of Japan meeting show a continued dovishness. Thereafter, EUR/USD on with German consumer confidence and an all-sessions stock in the US – Micron Tech on its Q4 release. https://www.ig.com/uk/market-insight-articles/market-data-to-trade-on-tuesday--usd-jpy--eur-usd-210927
    • Trade idea: long USD/JPY With US yields rising, IGTV’s Jeremy Naylor looks at the opportunities to take the dollar up against the yen, levels to watch out for, and where to place the stop-loss. https://www.ig.com/uk/market-insight-articles/trade-idea--long-usd-jpy-210927
    • No doubt the BBC covered the freedom protests over the weekend extensively.