Jump to content

why did my order stop out


theruleof7

Recommended Posts

I had a perfect entry all set up on my metatrader, woke up to it being stopped out, highly annoying as it had no drawdown whatsoever and the spread was nowhere near. Do we know why this is? it would have been on 7.5R now aswell. so highly annoyed.

any help please, thanks Guy

Screenshot (375).png

Link to comment
11 hours ago, theruleof7 said:

I had a perfect entry all set up on my metatrader, woke up to it being stopped out, highly annoying as it had no drawdown whatsoever and the spread was nowhere near. Do we know why this is? it would have been on 7.5R now aswell. so highly annoyed.

any help please, thanks Guy

 

Hi, you need to look at the mt4 trade data in the 'Terminal' panel 'under account history' which will tell you where the stop was activated. 

It's easy to mix up pips and points on the mt4 platform (10 points equals 100 pips).

If still not sure you can post a pic of the mt4 chart and the relevant line in the mt4 account history. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/08/2021 at 07:38, Caseynotes said:

Hi, you need to look at the mt4 trade data in the 'Terminal' panel 'under account history' which will tell you where the stop was activated. 

It's easy to mix up pips and points on the mt4 platform (10 points equals 100 pips).

If still not sure you can post a pic of the mt4 chart and the relevant line in the mt4 account history. 

ok thankyou i will have a look. If not is it possible t was to do with margin? thanks

 

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, theruleof7 said:

ok thankyou i will have a look. If not is it possible t was to do with margin? thanks

 

hi, no not margin, margin dictates whether you can enter the trade in the first place.

But the spread may well be the culprit for an unexpected early stop out. You can check by having the bid with the ask price on the chart to see if the stop level was hit

You used a tradingview chart to show the trade but need to see on the mt4 platform what were the actual values in order to see when the stop was triggered (Terminal icon top row, account history)

image.thumb.png.0ea4c28df21ba610da11a003b5a7312f.png

Link to comment

Im not able to disect your thread entirely, but spreads do change, if you didn't know.  This happened to me many times in my early days trading and it made me paranoid.  the spread can fluctuate depending on volatility etc.  Larger spread occur during low volume volatility.  this leads to premature stops.

Maybe worth takig a closer look.

Edited by nit2wynit
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

hi, no not margin, margin dictates whether you can enter the trade in the first place.

But the spread may well be the culprit for an unexpected early stop out. You can check by having the bid with the ask price on the chart to see if the stop level was hit

You used a tradingview chart to show the trade but need to see on the mt4 platform what were the actual values in order to see when the stop was triggered (Terminal icon top row, account history)

image.thumb.png.0ea4c28df21ba610da11a003b5a7312f.png

I should have mentioned that maintenance margin can be a factor in stopping out a trade if price runs heavily against you but discounted that as your chart showed price moving straight up.

Link to comment

One of the reasons why your order stopped out is that there might be problems with the terminal process. Have you addressed this concern to the site. I think it is better to have it directly addressed by the company. There might be also problem at your end.

Link to comment

Hi @theruleof7

Thanks for the question

The trade was stopped out basis the stop level instructed at 0.90537. The trade was stopped out at a price of 0.90493 meaning that you incurred 4.4 points worth of slippage. I have attached a screenshot indicating the time your stop was triggered. Remember to always check the bid price when selling to close and the ask price if buying to close. I hope this helps. 

Many thanks 

AndaUSDCHF.png

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      16,685
    • Total Posts
      79,564
    • Total Members
      65,195
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    KrisC
    Joined 08/12/21 05:16
  • Posts

    • Study suggests Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine may only partially protect against Omicron. By Michael Erman, 8th December 2021. Full article: investing.com (Reuters) -The Omicron variant of the coronavirus can partially evade the protection from two doses of Pfizer Inc (NYSE:PFE) and partner BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine, the research head of a laboratory at the Africa Health Research Institute in South Africa said on Tuesday. Still, the study showed that blood from people who had received two doses of the vaccine and had a prior infection were mostly able to neutralize the variant, suggesting that booster doses of the vaccine could help to fend off infection.
    • For more up to date news on how markets will open, the latest earnings and economic news, watch IGTV live in the platform at 07:30am UK. Today’s coverage:   Indices: Europe expected to hold gains. Main western markets rose, yesterday, by the most since March. NDQ best day in 2021. HSI under pressure as Kaisa suspended FX: Watching CAD ahead of BoC rate decision – expected to keep rates at 0.25%.  USDCNH lowest since May 2018. Commod currencies rising on back of oil Commods: Oil consolidates at recent gains. Gold little changed Equities: UK earnings SGC BKG and GME in the US   https://community.ig.com/igtv/
    • Hi  @47Tsial, There is no share dealing demo accounts only Spread bet or CFD account ( Leverage) 1) Yes 2) The data feed prices are for a month of data for one exchange. It will be active for a month for that specific exchange. I hope that it helps. All the best - Arvin
×
×
  • Create New...