Visualization overnight cost of DFB for Spread Bets

markov1207

Question

Is there any way I can check for a closed position which was the fee for keeping it open over the course of multiple nights?

I'm trying to evaluate benefit of forward vs spot but I'd like to know how can I visualize the fees for the spots as i had a position opened since yesterday and I couldn't see anything.

1 answer to this question

Hi @markov1207

Thanks for the question

If you to My IG>Live accounts>History on the web based platform then you should be able to view the past activity/transactions on your account. If you are not able to access it there then you can also email helpdesk.uk@ig.com and ask for your ledger summary to be emailed to you. 

Many thanks

Anda

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Hi @KoketsoIG, Thanks for investigating margin requirements in another thread. Could you kindly check with the relevant team what overnight credit (column swap bid in platform watchlists) was applied for short USD/TRY positions at the end of the trading day on Thu, March 14? WBR
    • Corn Elliott wave analysis   Function - Trend  Mode - Impulsive  Structure - Impulse Wave  Position - Wave 2 in progress Direction - Upwards for wave 3 Details -  A break below 434 means wave 2 is taking a lower leg for an expanding flat and could enter 423-415. Not much has changed since the last update.   In the intricate world of commodities trading, particularly in the realm of corn prices, the Elliott wave theory offers a compelling lens through which we can analyze recent movements and anticipate future trends. As of the time of crafting this analysis, corn prices have embarked on a retracement journey following a notable surge of over 12% witnessed between the dates of 26 February 2024 and 12 March 2024. Presently hovering below the $430 mark, indications suggest a continuation of this pullback trajectory, potentially dipping below the $420 threshold. However, amidst this temporary setback, glimmers of optimism emerge from the shadows, hinting at a forthcoming resurgence echoing the momentum initiated on 26 February, when prices bottomed out at $394.   To fully grasp the potential trajectory of corn prices, let's delve into the historical context provided by the Elliott wave theory. In April 2022, corn traded at a robust $814, albeit falling slightly shy of its peak in 2012 at $846. From this pinnacle, the price embarked on a tumultuous descent, plummeting to $394—a staggering 52% decline within approximately 22 months. Within this tumultuous period, the market completed three distinct swings, painting a picture of either an impulse or a simple A-B-C pattern.   Should the former scenario hold, the completion of the third wave suggest a forthcoming minor bullish correction, potentially manifesting as the fourth wave. Conversely, in the latter scenario, a bullish correction remains probable, if not an outright impulse upside. In either case, the prevailing sentiment leans towards a bullish reaction, with the path of least resistance indicating at least a three-wave bounce. This sentiment gains traction with the inception of sub-waves within the broader blue wave A, emanating from the $394 low.   Zooming into the H4 timeframe, we discern the intricate dance of waves unfolding before our eyes. The completion of wave 1 within the blue A wave sets the stage for the ongoing progression of wave 2, poised to carve its path within the 424-413 zone before pivoting upwards for wave 3. Uncertainties loom, as we await confirmation of wave 3's commencement, signaled by the breach of the $445 pinnacle.   In this tapestry of market dynamics, opportunities abound for astute traders poised to capitalize on the unfolding patterns. With the potential for blue wave A to ascend to lofty heights of $500, buying the dips will be the way to go. As we navigate the ebbs and flows of corn prices through the lens of Elliott wave analysis, we stand primed to seize the opportunities that lie ahead, armed with insights gleaned from a meticulous examination of market dynamics.     Technical Analyst : Sanmi Adeagbo Source : Tradinglounge.com
    • Thanks very much, @KoketsoIG. That's much better than I thought it might be.  Best wishes, Cate
us