App push notifications not working

DoubleThinker

Question

Hi everyone,

From today Tuesday 17th August 2021 I have noticed I am not receiving any push notifications on my phone anymore. I have rebooted the phone and reinstalled the IG app. I have double checked the IG settings page, my phone notifications, data and battery settings and everything looks how it should. I am receiving notifications from other applications as normal. Everyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Antonio

26 answers to this question

6 hours ago, DoubleThinker said:

Hi everyone,

From today Tuesday 17th August 2021 I have noticed I am not receiving any push notifications on my phone anymore. I have rebooted the phone and reinstalled the IG app. I have double checked the IG settings page, my phone notifications, data and battery settings and everything looks how it should. I am receiving notifications from other applications as normal. Everyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Antonio

Hi @DoubleThinker,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing a technical difficulty. I will forward your message to the relevant department to be fixed.

All the best - Arvin

1 hour ago, ArvinIG said:

Hi @DoubleThinker,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing a technical difficulty. I will forward your message to the relevant department to be fixed.

All the best - Arvin

Yep no prioce alerts on phone, desktop notifcation and email. Have missed lots of opps because of this. Please fix asap, without alerts there is no trading!  Only alerts that are working are order fill alerts.

5 minutes ago, Eddie_E1 said:

Yep no prioce alerts on phone, desktop notifcation and email. Have missed lots of opps because of this. Please fix asap, without alerts there is no trading!  Only alerts that are working are order fill alerts.

Hi @Eddie_E1,

The IT team is working on the matter to be resolved ASAP. We apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your patience - Arvin

Its 28th Feb 2023, IG trading alerts are still not working on my Samsung Galaxy note 9 after more than 2 years. IG told me they can't fix it yet on this thread they have been promising people throughout this time that they will fix the problem. 

This is a serious problem using the platform. Please can a senior person at IG please tell us why this has not been fixed for so long.

4 hours ago, Martin said:

Its 28th Feb 2023, IG trading alerts are still not working on my Samsung Galaxy note 9 after more than 2 years. IG told me they can't fix it yet on this thread they have been promising people throughout this time that they will fix the problem. 

This is a serious problem using the platform. Please can a senior person at IG please tell us why this has not been fixed for so long.

Hi @Martin

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please note that the Android team are currently working on a fix from their side that will be delivered in the coming updates. Please perform the below troubleshooting steps which should assist:
1. Open Settings in Android app
2. Disable "Alerts" option
3. Wait for 10 seconds
4. Enable "Alerts" option

All the best - MongiIG

2 minutes ago, SteveL said:

I am having the same problem. I work on a Mac and a Windows computer, as well as ios. I have 2 simple indicator alerts set up and nothing....

Hi @SteveL,

Thank you for your post.

It's a shame you're experiencing some issues with your alerts at the moment. Kindly provide all the details so we can raise a ticket with our technical team.

I've just sent a DM to you now. Please check your inbox.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG

On 08/11/2023 at 18:28, KoketsoIG said:

Hi @SteveL,

Thank you for your post.

It's a shame you're experiencing some issues with your alerts at the moment. Kindly provide all the details so we can raise a ticket with our technical team.

I've just sent a DM to you now. Please check your inbox.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

On 28/02/2023 at 18:45, Martin said:

Push notifications for Ig app DO NOT work on android devices (samsung s8, huawei nova, xiaomi 13, samsung 23)

They only work on iOS.

Tested on multiple diff android phones with notifcations allowed.
I have been using IG for 10 years. I have alerted and repeatedly feedback more than 5 times over the last 5 years.

Nothing done. Problem not solved.

Ig android software development team should be fired immediately if they cannot fix this issue. 

And please stop telling us to send proof and submit a ticket to the relevant department. You have been sending this template text for the last 5 years yet nothing has been done.

IG team if the app doesn't have a glitch, prove it to us. Upload a live screen video of yourself setting an alert on Android phone. And show us the alert push notification works.

• Like 1

Hi  I gave up using the mobile app. The alerts don't come through from the desktop so I just run Chrome browser on  my mobile and log onto the main site.on my phone (Android)

At least I get the audible alerts now and the other advantage is you just click on the alert and you are straight on the instrument of interest. 

It also seems to be faster than the mobile app version

3 hours ago, Stock_Index_Trader said:

My android push notifications are not working too.

Not working for push notifications itself.

Not working for IG App on my android device (even the app itself didn't give any notifications).

Dear @Stock_Index_Trader,

Thank you for your post. We are sorry for the problems you are experiencing with your Android push notifications. Kindly make sure the IG Trading App is not optimized by the system. In such a case system can decrease the precision of push delivery in favor of saving batter.

For this:

- On the device launcher screen long tap on the IG Trading app icon.

- Then, in settings tap Battery.

- Under "Manage battery usage," tap Optimized.

- Make sure "Optimized" is disabled

If the above does not resolve the issue kindly send an email to helpdesk.uk@ig.com with the type of alerts you have active and it will be forwarded to the technical team.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG

33 minutes ago, Stock_Index_Trader said:

Dear KoketsoIG

I finally found the solution was to reinstall the app.

My theory is that the connection between the app and your alerts center gets permanently broken.

The only way to fix this is to reinstall it.

Dear @Stock_Index_Trader,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing what worked for you in this thread. I'm sure it will help other members too!

All the best!

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG