Lowest Price discrepancies between timeframes.

TraderGT1

Question

Three different charts, three different lows. 
GBP/JPY 
18 Aug 2021.
UAE time zone.

I based my entry on the H4. My SL was set at 150.910. Lowest price on H4 shows 150.885. Lowest price on H1 shows 150.916. So on one chart I should still be in and on another I'm stopped out. What's all that about?

Screenshot 2021-08-19 050546.png

Screenshot 2021-08-19 050641.png

Screenshot 2021-08-19 050740.png

5 answers to this question

Hi @TraderGT1

Thank you for the question

When closing a long position you need to sell to close. Therefore your position would be closed basis the bid price. You can switch to the bid price by right clicking on the chart, then selecting price, then bid. If you change to the bid price you will see that your position was closed basis your stop level which you had set at a price of 150.910. The low on that candle is 150.900 which would have triggered your stop accordingly. I have attached a screenshot to illustrate the above. 

Kind regards

Anda

GBPJPY.png

Hi @TraderGT1

Thank you for the question

On the 1 hour time frame 150.835 is the low for the next hour. i.e after your stop had already been executed. If you go to the previous candle you will see that the low is 150.900 as you would expect. Hope this clears it up

Regards

Anda

Below shows the relevant candle as well as the one post trade execution

image.png

image.png

• Like 2