app not updating, account shows zero value

smokem

Question

Hi,

today when i opened my account the pages did not update and  it showed i had no value in my account.

I tried to open the daily briefing but it only opened the  introduction picture and would not play.

I opened an ig comunity post but when i tried to sig in it did not and the connection timed out.

Out of curiosity i opened my VPN connection on my PC and imediatley my IG comunity singed in and my IG trading updated as normal and my funds were shown.

I rebooted my pc and loaded the trading site again but same, not updaing, I opend the bbc news website and it was updating and working as expected.

I turned on my VPN and again the IG site started to work as expected.

I am on PC with firefox browser.

5 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, smokem said:

Hi,

today when i opened my account the pages did not update and  it showed i had no value in my account.

I tried to open the daily briefing but it only opened the  introduction picture and would not play.

I opened an ig comunity post but when i tried to sig in it did not and the connection timed out.

Out of curiosity i opened my VPN connection on my PC and imediatley my IG comunity singed in and my IG trading updated as normal and my funds were shown.

I rebooted my pc and loaded the trading site again but same, not updaing, I opend the bbc news website and it was updating and working as expected.

I turned on my VPN and again the IG site started to work as expected.

I am on PC with firefox browser.

Hi @smokem

We have noticed an issue that is linked to a particular ISP. It is recommended that you connect via another source such as mobile data whilst our IT team investigates the issue. If that's not the case please reach out to us at helpdesk.uk@ig.com

Regards
MongiIG
6 minutes ago, spencerfrater said:

Me too - really frustrating. And no answer yet!

Hi @spencerfrater

We have noticed an issue that is linked to a particular ISP. It is recommended that you connect via another source such as mobile data whilst our IT team investigates the issue. If that's not the case please reach out to us at helpdesk.uk@ig.com

Regards
MongiIG
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, smokem said:

Hi,

I heard on the news that Sky was having technical problems and thats my ISP.

Strange that it is ok when I use my VPN.

Just checked whitout VPN and all is ok now, thanks for quick reply.

thanks

Hi @smokem

Yes, SKY was having technical issues this morning.

You can make use and always check on IG Status

image.png

You are welcome!

All the best - MongiIG