Why isn't Autochartist showing up in my MT4?

Shannon508

Question

I just created an IG account and got MT4 platform up and running on my computer, and according to the IG website, Autochartist should be an option from the Scripts sub menu in MT4. However, it isn't there. I tried downloading and installing it separately from the Autochartist web site but that did not work. Why can't I see it in the menu?

5 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Shannon508 said:

I just created an IG account and got MT4 platform up and running on my computer, and according to the IG website, Autochartist should be an option from the Scripts sub menu in MT4. However, it isn't there. I tried downloading and installing it separately from the Autochartist web site but that did not work. Why can't I see it in the menu?

Hi @Shannon508,

If Autochartist is not showing up in your MT4 menu, you can get the plugin on this link: https://www.autochartist.com/metatrader-plugin/index_en.html

I hope that it helps !

All the best - Arvin

I already tried that and it doesn't work. I have been trying several things. The autochartist plugin installation appears to complete successfully, but does not even deposit any files into the C:\Program Files\IG MetaTrader 4 Terminal\MQL4\Experts\  folder, which is where the Expert advisor programs are kept. 

37 minutes ago, Shannon508 said:

I already tried that and it doesn't work. I have been trying several things. The autochartist plugin installation appears to complete successfully, but does not even deposit any files into the C:\Program Files\IG MetaTrader 4 Terminal\MQL4\Experts\  folder, which is where the Expert advisor programs are kept. 

Hi, I just went through the download procedure and it went through without any problems.

None of my extra EAs are listed in C:/ Prog.... , only the ones that came with IGs MT4.

Check you went through all the stages as per on the Autochartist download page.

AutochartistMTEAsetup file should be sitting in your downloads folder.

• Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, Shannon508 said:

Hi @Shannon508,

If you are still struggling with Autochartist, please reach out to helpdesk.uk@ig.com the IT Team will be able to assist you further.

All the best - Arvin

Thanks all, I found the reason: I had an older version of Windows Powershell installed. I updated to the latest version, re-installed the autochartist plugin and now it appears in the EA list in Metatrader. I thought I was clutching at straws updating my Powershell version, but it fixed the problem. Hopefully this helps others too.

Cheers

Shannon508

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1