shrinking horizons with chinese characteristics.

So it is, when we look to the rising of the sun and  the great emergent market of the East, we cannot help notice the ever increasing influence of the party in all elements of life, be it business or pleasure. It's one big party and aren't they having a good time? Naturally, it's for the benefit of the party, sorry, people. One notes the legislation in finance, where the Zhejiang Tourism Investment group will have the good fortune to be partners in the  new joint venture, born from the break up of Ant finance and it's jewel Alipay. Giving the party more access to every facet of peoples lives , including your credit score and real time financial records. They (the people and party) must be most grateful. As must be all the tech companies for the continued rigorous oversite. The same might not be said for Evergrande, or Soho who are facing rather less envious futures as their creditors circle and bankruptcy looms large and inevitable. The state may let them fail to a point, then bail them out, as contagion is a distinct possibility, admonish the greedy speculators and distribute the remaining assets to loyal apparatchiks. The similar statements regarding consolidation in the EV market may equally send chills down the spines of the executives of Nio, Xpeng and BYD. Expect approved mergers in the near future perhaps? Some of this intervention is welcome for consumer protection, some is more overt market control for other, less palatable reasons. 

Meanwhile, around the world a sense of introverted navel examination prevails. The US no longer looking outward but in and having what could be termed as an identity crisis. I wont mention the UK as we are still getting over 2016 and have crisis enough keeping milk on supermarket shelves. The world seems a disjointed and disconnected place despite the wealth of technological innovation, our worlds become smaller and our outlooks more limited. So much so, we almost discount the continued appreciation of the price of everything, as it, like life is merely transient. We fail to notice, perhaps the continued equity bubble that balloons  without correction, heading it seems to the moon. The mElon apostles continue to pray at the alter of Tesla despite it's lack of real profits (they prefer prophet to profits). We ignore CV19 and just take it for granted, even if it has a propensity to vary and mutate past the vaccine wall. We continue to invite Facebook and social media into every aspect of our lives. 

So it maybe our horizons shrink and with it our perspectives. Lets hope not our awareness too.  Don't forget to hedge where appropriate and take profit. Have been doing a good deal of meditation on the subjects of inflation, commodities, crypto and equity.  Markets and people don't like change. But like evolution it's a case of adapt or become a fossil. There upon to eventually become fossil fuel...(sorry had to get an oil joke in there somewhere)