Direct Share Registration (DRS) for US stock

Ercam

Hi,

as a UK resident, what is the process which will allow me to directly register my shares of US companies?

the designated transfer agent for the companies in question is Computershare. I called them (UK branch) and got told that they can only register UK companies shares.

thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thought provoking 1
On 17/09/2021 at 10:05, Ercam said:

Hi,

as a UK resident, what is the process which will allow me to directly register my shares of US companies?

the designated transfer agent for the companies in question is Computershare. I called them (UK branch) and got told that they can only register UK companies shares.

thanks.

Hi Ercam, did you get any answers from support on this. I've had 2 replies. The first failed to even understand the question and the second suggesting I would have to transfer my shares to another broker.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IBKR is the way

@Ercam @robsy @dn

I have not found out how to do this via IG yet but I have moved some that I had in Interactive Brokers. So maybe we need to move to them from here and then on to ComputerShare

On 04/10/2021 at 03:44, Guest IBKR is the way said:

@Ercam @robsy @dn

I have not found out how to do this via IG yet but I have moved some that I had in Interactive Brokers. So maybe we need to move to them from here and then on to ComputerShare

Thanks,

How's their app for usability?

Any follow up for IG before I look at the transfer process? Won't want to keep multiple brokers