Is anyone else having problems with missing data in charts?

hombrebuns

Question

11 answers to this question

This has not sorted the issue I was having - I'm still faced with lots of charts with missing data (not just in PRT but IG platform also). Check out chart for 600 group (spreadbet account) - check the last 5 or so candles and the dates...all over the place! Therefore indicators are completely compromised. I'm assuming others are having the same issue but they may not know. IG have said they can see the problem and I have a case no. but still not heard anything back.

23 minutes ago, hombrebuns said:

This has not sorted the issue I was having - I'm still faced with lots of charts with missing data (not just in PRT but IG platform also). Check out chart for 600 group (spreadbet account) - check the last 5 or so candles and the dates...all over the place! Therefore indicators are completely compromised. I'm assuming others are having the same issue but they may not know. IG have said they can see the problem and I have a case no. but still not heard anything back.

Hi, it would appear that the reason for all the gaps and lack of movement is because there is hardly ever anything happening with this stock, extremely illiquid. Need to look at the weekly and monthly charts.

image.thumb.png.b089d1156b34706fbbc7d3c237465093.png

This sounds like the same problem I'm having. It started yesterday and is worse today (labelled as tomorrow!). Showing full data up to Friday and now nothing for yesterday and a single data point for today. I get exactly the same problem with a large number (but not all) of other instruments. I get the same problem with Edge which (other than this testing) I never use for IG. I have cleared cache, history etc. and I have logged out an in again numerous times. Utterly useless. I think I will have to go elsewhere. I can't risk my money on such a flaky system.baesystems.thumb.jpg.04382eb28aa00b63ca189368423a31db.jpg

Edited by Vertigomf
correction
  • Like 1

I'm having the same problem. The candlestick for Tue 28th on the Daily chart is just plain wrong (have checked against Finviz). Candlesticks on the 1 Hour chart go blank after Friday! This is happening on multiple (but not all) stocks. And it's nothing to do with my browser because I'm seeing exactly the same problem on the Android App. Everything was fine until Friday, surely IG must be aware of this issue?

PLUG data error.png

• Like 1
On 24/09/2021 at 09:42, Caseynotes said:

Hi, it would appear that the reason for all the gaps and lack of movement is because there is hardly ever anything happening with this stock, extremely illiquid. Need to look at the weekly and monthly charts.

image.thumb.png.b089d1156b34706fbbc7d3c237465093.png

Thanks Caseynotes, you are right in that it's illiquid stocks but leaving a gap is something that has not happened previously on low/no volume days with IG charts - it's not a good solution as it will affect how all indicators are calculated  which is how | noticed it in the first place. I presume previously the gaps were filled with a repaet of the previous day's close but something changed on the platform- now over a week ago and it still has not been addressed. 

I sent an email earlier and received the following reply in less than an hour. It seems it only affects Demo accounts, which is a bit more understandable...

Dear Mr Parr,

Thanks for your email.

Our IT department has already been made aware of the missing candlestick dates on certain assets for our demo accounts.

The report number for this case is INC0584768.

Apologies for the inconveniece, please note that we are working towards solving this issue as soon as possible.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Renata R
Trading Services
IG

• Like 1