Can I manage my partners ISA on my IG account

Guest McTrucky

Question

Guest McTrucky

HI,  Newbie question here....

I have set up my account and am trading within my ISA.  All good and well.

Can I add a second ISA Account in my partners name and National Insurance no. and trade with that also (to allow us to invest £40k instead of £20k p.a.).  If so, how?

Don't want to have to logout and then back in again with a new user name to access the new account, would rather see all our shares/activity in one place.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Guest McTrucky said:

HI,  Newbie question here....

I have set up my account and am trading within my ISA.  All good and well.

Can I add a second ISA Account in my partners name and National Insurance no. and trade with that also (to allow us to invest £40k instead of £20k p.a.).  If so, how?

Don't want to have to logout and then back in again with a new user name to access the new account, would rather see all our shares/activity in one place.

Thanks

Hi @McTrucky

Thanks for reaching out. Your partner has to register/setup their own account first and then submit Power of Attorney (POA) which is an authorisation to act on someone else’s behalf on an account. Apply directly by completing our Limited Power of Attorney form: POA form

Please kindly visit this link for more information: https://www.ig.com/uk/joint-account-and-power-of-attorney

You can find out more by contacting us on the below:

Phone: 0800 195 3100 (freephone) or +44 (0)20 7633 5300
Email: newaccountenquiries.uk@ig.com

All the best - MongiIG

Thanks MongilG,

This looks straight forward enough:

1-set up new login in her name

2-Provide POA form with relevant ticked boxes

3-You then convert the two separate accounts into a joint account.

This then would allow me to trade and act on her behalf (within stated limitations).

But just to be sure, would this then allow me to see her portfolio on the same screen, and would each trade count towards the 'three per month' to give the discounted rates.  In short - could I trade seamlessly across both ISAs.  

Thanks

20 hours ago, McTrucky said:

Thanks MongilG,

This looks straight forward enough:

1-set up new login in her name

2-Provide POA form with relevant ticked boxes

3-You then convert the two separate accounts into a joint account.

This then would allow me to trade and act on her behalf (within stated limitations).

But just to be sure, would this then allow me to see her portfolio on the same screen, and would each trade count towards the 'three per month' to give the discounted rates.  In short - could I trade seamlessly across both ISAs.  

Thanks

Hi @McTrucky

image.png

When the ‘attorney’ wishes to login into the donors account, they will log into their own account and then have the ability to switch to the account they have POA over.

This is different from a joint account in that the account remains in the one client’s name –the account holder (donor), and only they have complete control over the account. With ISA accounts you can’t have joint account because it’s a personal tax allowance.

Hope this helps.

All the best - MongiIG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    wcroftonmerkletest2
    Joined 06/12/21 09:04
    • CRUDE OIL, US DOLLAR, OPEC+, HANG SENG, RRR, AUD, CAD, YIELD - TALKING POINTS Crude oil prices find support post OPEC+ amid a listless US Dollar APAC equities were mixed, US yields firms a touch but curve still flattening Commodities and associated currencies rose. Will WTI recover from the low?   Crude oil continued to recover as the fall-out from OPEC+ sticking to the planned increases in production is digested. The extra 400,000 barrels a day due to be added in January is seen as allaying Washington’s concerns. The group gave themselves flexibility to adjust output at short notice as uncertainty around the impact of Omicron on global growth persists. Asian equities were mixed today even though risk sentiment seemed to steady after Friday’s rout. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index was the weakest of the lot, down over 1.5% at one stage. The tech, entertainment and property sectors continued to weigh on that market. US futures are currently pointing toward a positive start for Wall Street. Risk assets made somewhat of a recovery today with speculation of a possible cut in reserve ratio requirement (RRR) in China. The Australian and Canadian Dollars were the best performing currencies. CHF, EUR and JPY were the underperformers to start the week. Bitcoin collapsed 21% over the weekend and is seeing higher correlation to US stocks and risk assets generally. Through all the chaos of last week, gold avoided the volatility and moved sideways. It has so far held on to Friday’s gains. Iron ore prices are consolidating near USD 94 a tonne on the Dalian Commodity exchange. US Treasury 10-year yields recovered a few basis points but remains below 1.40%. Back-end yields continue to collapse, while front end yields are holding up as the Fed turned hawkish. The curve flattening highlights the market concern of risks to growth. The 1-year real interest rate is near minus 6%. Its’ lowest level since the early 1980’s in the US. The real interest rate is the 1-year interest rate less the headline inflation rate. Looking ahead, there’s not much data of note in the US today, so the market will be looking for any commentary from Fed speakers. Tomorrow sees the RBA meeting to decide on monetary policy. CRUDE OIL TECHNICAL ANALYSIS WTI oil made a low last week at 62.43, well above the August low of 61.74. These two levels may provide support. The move lower went below the lower band of the 21-day simple moving average (SMA) based Bollinger Band. When it closed back inside the band, the price consolidated and edged up. Resistance could be the pivot points and prior highs of 69.49, 72.93, 74.76 and 79.33. Chart created in TradingView   Written by Daniel McCarthy, Strategist for DailyFX.com. 6th December 2021.
    • ''We are starting to see wholesale failure of the vaccines.''       '(mRNA) is brand new technology and there were bound to have been some mistakes.'  So in hindsight probably not a good idea to start with a 100% global population trial 🤪🤪 Mentioned in vid below is that the virus limits itself to certain regions and cells whereas the vaccine spike proteins are spread throughout. This was the problem with previous mRNA vaccine animal studies, the autoimmune system started attacking everything until the animal died.     Israelis' have had enough of this nonsense, booster uptake levelling off at 46% as govt talks about a 4th shot.   Still no sign of the flu, 🤔, you don't suppose these been a lot of 'rebranding' going on do you?   Reminder that covid has a similar Infection Fatality Rate as the common flu.    
    • US CPI: the big event of the week With a look ahead to US consumer prices on Friday, IGTV’s Jeremy Naylor looks at the numbers and explains that this may be the highest print since 1982. https://www.ig.com/uk/market-insight-articles/us-cpi--the-big-event-of-the-week-211206