Looking for a few things in the IG Api: Option Quotes, Available Strike Price Options for an Instrument

Guest Luca Rughani Jeevanjee

Question

Guest Luca Rughani Jeevanjee

Hey there everyone,

I'm developing an app and I was wondering if I am just missing some things or if they are not available.

Firstly, I'm looking for a way to get the current level of an option before I put it on so I can check its impact on P&L, for example when fetching option positions this is under the `level` data item. 

Secondly, I'm looking for a way to get the available strike prices for an instrument in a given expiry for example the FTSE100 for DEC-21 would have: 7200, 7000, 6800 etc. I would be able to do this by getting a list of the epics for the FTSE but the option epics do not show up when searching for a market so this is not able to be done.

Thanks in Advance!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    MrBollard
    Joined 16/01/22 16:49
    • Hi @Karlwilson Thanks for the query. You need a Mifid score in order to trade DWAC. Please call the helpdesk and ask to be taken through the appropriateness questionnaire to record your Mifid score. You can call 0800 4096789 or +44 (0)20 7896 0079 All the best,  Anda
    • Dogecoin jumps 9% after Elon Musk says it can be used to buy Tesla merchandise PUBLISHED FRI, JAN 14 2022 by Arjun Kharpal, CNBC KEY POINTS The price of dogecoin jumped more than 15% on Friday before paring gains after Tesla began accepting the cryptocurrency as payment for merchandise. Only a small number of items, including a belt buckle and a whistle, were buyable with the cryptocurrency, which originally started life as a joke coin. There are a number of conditions that come with paying with dogecoin, including no refunds or cancellations.   SpaceX owner and Tesla CEO Elon Musk arrives on the red carpet for the Axel Springer Award 2020 on December 01, 2020 in Berlin, Germany. Britta Pedersen | Getty Images The price of dogecoin jumped more than 15% on Friday before paring gains after Tesla began accepting the cryptocurrency as payment for some merchandise. Early Friday, Tesla CEO Elon Musk said on Twitter that the electric carmaker’s merchandise can be purchased with dogecoin.   Dogecoin topped $0.20 a coin at around 01:19 ET before paring some of those gains, according to Coindesk data. It was up more than 9% at $0.18 at 07:06 ET. Only a small number of items were buyable with the cryptocurrency, which originally started life as a joke coin. A whistle shaped like Tesla’s Cybertruck costs 300 doge, which is equivalent to about $59 at the time of writing. A commemorative belt buckle to celebrate Tesla’s Gigafactory in Texas was going for 835 doge, or about $164. Plans to accept dogecoin as payment have been in the works for a while. In December, Musk tweeted that “Tesla will make some merch buyable with Doge & see how it goes.” Musk is a high-profile supporter of dogecoin and his tweets often move the price of the cryptocurrency.   No returns with dogecoin There are a number of terms and conditions that come with using dogecoin to buy merchandise from Tesla. Users will need a dogecoin wallet to transfer the digital money to Tesla. Furthermore, if “an order is overpaid in Dogecoin, the overpayment amount will not be refunded to the original form of payment,” according to company’s website. Tesla warns that it can take up to six hours for the dogecoin network to confirm the payment. And the company says that any orders paid for in dogecoin cannot be canceled or refunded. Normally, if a person buys Tesla merchandise through the official store via traditional payments methods, it can be returned within 30 days of receiving the product. It’s not the first time Tesla has accepted a cryptocurrency as payment. Last year, Tesla bought bitcoin worth $1.5 billion at the time and said it planned to accept purchases using the cryptocurrency. Musk later stopped accepting bitcoin over environmental concerns. The bitcoin network, through a process called mining, uses large amounts of energy. Dogecoin uses significantly less energy, according to analysis by TRG Datacenters. Musk said last year that he would work with dogecoin developers to improve the efficiency of transactions.
    • I live in the uk why can’t I buy dwac shares ?  I have previously bought Tesla shares with no problems ??