Getting a valuation on a certain date

BTD

Question

I have asked via chat, for statements on my portfolio value at two distinct times in the past. However IG are seemingly unable to do this or understand my request. For example I want to know my portfolio value on 5th April 2020 and 5th April 2021.

Edited by BTD

3 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, BTD said:

I have asked via chat, for statements on my portfolio value at two distinct times in the past. However IG are seemingly unable to do this or understand my request. For example I want to know my portfolio value on 5th April 2020 and 5th April 2021.

Hi @BTD,

If you have a share dealing account, such information should be available on a daily statement if you traded on that day.

There is no document that can be generated on our end to show you data on that day if no trade was made. 
At the end of the financial year if you will receive a Consolidated Tax Certificate if you received dividends.

You can find all the types of statements and what you will receive on this page:
https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/accounts-and-statements/statements/what-statements-will-i-receive

If it is a Leverage account, then such document should be available.

All the best - Arvin

14 hours ago, BTD said:

I was told this was possible by chat. Surely it is possible to generate a statement for a given day? Its not that hard is it?

The statement provided isn't what is required.

Hi @BTD,

Please send your requested statement to helpdesk.uk@ig.com with your account details.
If possible the team will come back to your with the required document.

All the best - Arvin