Is account ID important for account security

Guest Justus Stals

Question

Guest Justus Stals

I am wanting to publish some trading content on social media however I screen record my trade analytics dashboard and my Account ID and name is visible. Wondering if this is a major security threat before I publish any conent.

2 answers to this question

36 minutes ago, Guest Justus Stals said:

I am wanting to publish some trading content on social media however I screen record my trade analytics dashboard and my Account ID and name is visible. Wondering if this is a major security threat before I publish any conent.

Hi Justus,

The Account ID is a sensitive information as it can be used to login into your account and is one point of security IG check when interacting with our clients. If someone collects your Account ID, Name and email address they might be able to access your account.
For security purposes we hide clients Account ID on the Community and on IG statements.

I hope that it helps.

All the best - Arvin

Yes, this is a serious security risk. If someone gains access to your account number and name, they will be able to access your account and your trading data. This could lead to your money being stolen or your information being used to commit fraud or other illegal activities.

Here are some tips to protect your information when you post trading analytics on social media:

Cover up or edit any sensitive data from your screenshot. This includes your account number, name, email address, phone number and other personal information.
Use video editing software to retouch or remove sensitive data from your video.
Use a hardware token for two-factor authentication (2FA). This will add an extra layer of security to your account, even if someone else gets your password.

I personally use hardware token Protectimus from protectimus.com for 2FA on all my important accounts. Protectimus is a very secure and popular token that supports many different 2FA protocols.