Trading in IG Index ISA Account - Order types

6 minutes ago, MikeGale said:

Before I switch my current ISA provider over to IG index - can someone confirm the order types that are available to me specifically in the ISA account?

Thanks

Hi @MikeGale

We offer several types of orders:

Limit execute & eliminate – an order which executes as much of a trade as possible at a specified market price. If there aren’t enough shares available at the specified level to fill the order, the maximum possible number of shares are executed and the rest of the order is cancelled. 

Limit day – an order which executes once the market price reaches a specified level. If it isn’t filled by the end of the trading day, the order will expire.

Market day – an order which executes immediately in full if enough shares are available. If not, the maximum possible number of shares are executed and the rest of the order remains outstanding until the end of the trading day. This order type is unrestricted by price. 

Stop market day – a market day order which executes in full when a specific price (the stop level) is surpassed. If there aren’t enough shares available, the rest of the order remains outstanding until the end of the trading day. This order is often used for locking in profits or limiting losses.

For more information click this link: types of orders and for help and support click this link: share dealing and ISAs

All the best - MongiIG

One last question...

Do IG Index accept "Partial Transfers" of existing ISAs with other providers?  I'm looking to shift Cash (from my S&S ISA) not shares. So for example if I open an IG Index ISA in April 2022 - can I shift £10k in Cash from my current ISA and also add £20k using next years allowance?

Is this at all possible?

thanks,

Mike

Edited by MikeGale

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• In last couple of years, there has been  debate over the top memecoin investment with centre of discussion around DOGE, SHIB, FLOKI, PEPE and a host of others. Personally, I feel comparing any contender to DOGE feels akin to comparing altcoins to BTC. DOGE, being the pioneer memecoin, boasts an impressive $22 billion market cap, towering over its closest competitor, SHIB, with a $13 billion market cap. Its unique endorsement by Elon Musk further solidifies its position. The fervent backing from its vast online and offline community serves as a blueprint for other memecoins to follow. Thus, it's no surprise that DOGE emerged victorious in a recent Bitget poll, where enthusiasts competed to showcase their community's strength in honor of DOGE DAY 2024. With DOGE predictably clinching the win, ten fortunate participants stand to each receive $300 worth of DOGE through the event's gleam completion. Let's seize this opportunity to bolster our crypto portfolios.  
    • Hi @neueneuen Thanks for coming back to this, Please note that number 1 above has been confirmed, unfortunately, I don't have number 2 yet. We will keep you updated. Thanks, KoketsoIG
    • Just recently, I wrote an article about how a Solana blockchain art project (Artrade) is helping artists raise their earnings and even further transforming their physical works into RWA essentially NFTs. With that in mind, I came across Rarible, a marketplace that focuses on digital art and NFTs and the similarities of the platforms caught my attention. Rarible allows artists to sell their creations as NFTs, essentially digital certificates of ownership and cuts out middlemen, connecting artists directly with buyers. Beyond trading, Rarible offers a somewhat user-friendly interface for creating NFTs, even for beginners.   The platform unlike Artrade is built on the Ethereum blockchain and uses its own token, RARI, for governance and rewarding active users. In the long term they seem building with the goal of becoming a DAO in the future While it’s still early days, I have no doubt Rarible offers a unique approach to buying, selling, and creating digital art, and the recent listing on Bitget will further expose it to new communities and potential investors.     Do you think RARI's approach will be sustainable as a marketplace for NFTs?
us