Betting on FTSE Daily Future

Guest Amolad

If betting on the FTSE I usually use the rolling price, but today I placed a Sell bet on the Daily future when the FTSE was about 7301.

This was closed with a loss of £10 and a new contract opened with a current profit of £7 (so I'm down £3). In the meantime the FTSE fallen about 26 points. I seem to have missed out on the fall ... or am I not understanding something.

Any advice/clarification gratefully accepted .... Amolad

Hi

From what I understand, you say you were short the FTSE 100 Daily Future and held this to expiry and so at 16:30 yesterday your position was closed. However, as you have Daily rollovers enabled you were re-opened in a new short position for today's expiry. Normally you would close at a price X (settlement price at 16:30) and re-open 1 point lower as you were short.

Please note that generally on a Wednesday some of the constituent stocks in the FTSE 100 may pay a dividend, and so we must adjust our FTSE 100 DFB/Cash price by the point total of said dividend. Yesterday there was a large dividend paid of 27.9 points. This meant that we manually adjusted our FTSE 100 price by reducing it by 27.9 points, and so you were opened at a lower level. However you’ve not lost out from this, as it was an artificial move and not a market move.

In order to disclose these dividend adjustments to clients we publish the following week's forecasts on a Friday on the Community here.

I would strongly suggest watching this video which should further explain why and how we make the dividend adjustment.

I hope that this clarifies it for you, however, if you or anyone else have anymore questions please feel free to ask!

Thanks,

MichaelC

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• DogeDay always brings back memories of 2019 when my friends were diving into Dogecoin and joining farming activities. That's why I'm excited to explore the Bitget DogeDay giveaway event. Plus, with tomorrow's BTC halving, the excitement is doubled!
    • As a meme fan, I have been waiting patiently for the Bull trend that happened to BTC recently to get to all the alts and so we can have what we had back then in 2021 to happen again, but time the strength of the uptrend has not been able to match up with what I am expecting and I do hope that the halving will help, but looking at the hype that is usually expected from the meme community. I don't think I'll be able to wait for the trend to resume and so I am taking more steps ahead of the game, taking up all the opportunities I believe would help the price-trend of my holdings, especially for the DOGE memes and I have found this DOGEDAY event ongoing and it really made a lot of sense to me, because if we look at how the DOGE coins have performed in the past. I believe if we can have a Bitcoin day to celebrate the first cryptocurrency, then we should be able to have a DOGEDAY too looking at the success rate of the meme and the support from the community. For me, this is something special that is worth the energy, vibes and hype and worth participating it. There are different sections to the event, which include the Twitter part, where Bitget is sharing $3,00 to those participating( https://twitter.com/bitgetglobal/status/1780495739984150962Twitter Post ) and the telegram event, and I believe this will favour those that love to bet on the price of coins. They are sharing 100BGB tokens for this and the Discord event has a 90BGB token to be shared.  If we can have Bitcoin's day, then this DOGEDAY should be observed in all the DOGE communities and I will admonish meme lovers to observe events like this because it reflects the nature of memecoin and the hype around it.
us