Sign in to follow this  

Ability to lock drawing items movement?

It can be quite annoying when you can so easily and very often unknowingly move your drawing items, i.e. Fibonacci trend lines etc. when clicking or dragging your workspace chart. I find myself constantly in this situation and had to re-adjust those lines back to where it should be. Any chance the tech team can make this happen? perhaps a " lock all drawing items" button on the drawing tool bar or an option in single drawing item's customize menu? thanks

Hi

There is a workaround that might suit your needs. If you right click on the chart you will see an option to save the layout (as shown in the screenshot). By saving the layout you will save the chart the way it currently displays, this includes drawings and indicators.

If you then by accident move a drawing instead of the chart window you would by able to just load your layout again which will place all drawings the way you want them.

Layout.PNG

Hope this helps

Thanks

Anton

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately that workaround only applies to indicators, not drawing items. I see someone else hasbrought up this issue as well in the main post above, so i guess we'll follow up in there.

Hi  &

You are correct, the drawings and the layouts are applied independently so by saving the layout it will not save the drawings, there is another workaround that might help you and that is to hide the drawing from the chart when moving the window.

There is some good news though, we are working on a lock drawing feature that will be added to our new platform, there is no specific date for release yet but the feature is coming. Apologies for the misinformation.

Thanks

Anton

I too have been waiting for this feature as mentioned its very easy to accidently move them.

is there any update on when the feature will be added?