Order Rejected via API

APIGraham

Question

Hi all,

I have a very similar issue to what is presented in this topic

however the resolution is not working for me in any way.

In the same manner I am using the trading_ig github repository for connectivity. I am using a spread bet (demo) account, not a CFD account. 

With the command:

resp = ig_service.create_open_position(
        currency_code='USD',
        direction='BUY',
        epic='UA.D.AAPL.CASH.IP',
        order_type='MARKET',
        expiry='DFB',
        size=10,
        force_open='False',
        guaranteed_stop='False',
        level=None,
        limit_distance=None,
        limit_level=None,
        quote_id=None,
        stop_level=None,
        stop_distance=None,
        trailing_stop=None,
        trailing_stop_increment=None)
resp

I get the following response.

{'affectedDeals': [], 'date': '2022-02-23T11:39:14.102', 'dealId': 'DIAAAAHR2HZCAAR', 'dealReference': 'TTTXL7BVZNYTYN7', 'dealStatus': 'REJECTED', 'direction': 'BUY', 'epic': 'UA.D.AAPL.CASH.IP', 'expiry': None, 'guaranteedStop': False, 'level': None, 'limitDistance': None, 'limitLevel': None, 'profit': None, 'profitCurrency': None, 'reason': 'UNKNOWN', 'size': None, 'status': None, 'stopDistance': None, 'stopLevel': None, 'trailingStop': False}

I can see the size goes to "none" in the response which I find odd and also get an unknown rejected reason. As per the other post I have also tried a limit order and that gave the exact same error (with a limit value at both 15000 and 17000 for the current apple price). Any advice would be appreciated to support on this issue.

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Commodity Market Elliott Wave Analysis for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Crypto Index, TLT Bonds, US 10 Yr. Yields, USD/ DXY, Gold, Silver, Copper, Uranium, Crude Oil, Natural Gas, XLE ETF, XME ETF. Elliott Wave Analysis Update for Commodity Markets: Current Analysis Remains Unchanged In the latest Elliott Wave analysis of the commodity markets, there is no alteration in the wave counts. Bitcoin is reinforcing its position with Wave (4) appearing to be established, contrasting with Ethereum which shows less clarity. The U.S. Dollar and 10-year yields are expected to continue their upward trajectory.  Gold, silver, and uranium are nearing the completion of their Wave 4, suggesting that opportunities for long trades may arise soon. Natural gas is currently in the e) wave of a Wave 4 triangle formation. Crude oil, maintaining a price above $80.00, remains in a bullish stance, as do ExxonMobil (XOM), alongside sector indices XLE (energy) and XME (metals and mining). Video Chapters 00:00 Bitcoin (BTC) ETH/USD / Crypto Index 09:49 US Dollar Index, DXY / TLT Bonds. US Gov Bonds 10 Yr Yields 17:48 Precious Metals: Spot Gold XAU /GDX ETF / US Spot Silver XAG  28:49 Base Metals:Lithium, Uranium URA ETF / Copper / ETF XME 35:36 Energy: Crude Oil WTI OIL / Natural Gas NG / ETF XLE 41:08 End Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge.com 6 Analysts covering 150+ markets  
    • Hello Goldenbrown, Thank you for your interesting comments. I will answer them tomorrow, when I have some spare time. Best regards.
    • EDIT* Sorry forex pairs no lower than 0.10 but xauusd 0.50? It won't let me adjust to lower lots
us