Metals markets respond to geopolitical pressures

MongiIG

Adding to the already tight metals markets, the Russian invasion of Ukraine is piling pressure on many base and precious metals.

IGTV’s Jeremy Naylor caught up with Mobeen Tahir, from WisdomTree, to discuss the recent short squeeze around nickel, energy intensive metals like zinc and aluminium, copper, palladium and gold.

ig group.PNG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB Elliott Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (1D Chart) Greetings, Our Elliott Wave analysis today updates the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) with NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB. In our Top 50 ASX Stocks forecasting service, NAB's price decline was accurately forecast, significantly reducing risk for investors. We are currently closely monitoring NAB for a further trading opportunity. ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB 1D Chart (Semilog Scale) Analysis Function: Major trend (Minute degree, green) Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave (c)-purple of Wave ((iv))-green Details: The short-term outlook describes that waves ((i))-green through ((iii))-green have concluded, and wave ((iv))-green is now unfolding. A common retracement target for wave 4 is at the 0.382 level, so I anticipate that wave ((iv)) will continue to decline to lower levels, while prices consistently remain below 36.11, which would increase confidence in this perspective. Invalidation point: 29.84       ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (4-Hour Chart) ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB Elliott Wave Technical Analysis ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB 4-Hour Chart Analysis Function: Counter trend (Minuette degree, purple) Mode: Corrective Structure: Regular Flat Position: Wave v-blue of Wave (c)-purple   Details: The short-term outlook suggests that the ((iv))-green wave is unfolding with higher detail. This could potentially be a Flat Correction (3-3-5) pattern, with waves (a) and (b)-purple already completed. Now, wave (c)-purple is likely to unfold, pushing lower. It is subdividing into five smaller waves, with at least waves i-blue to iv-blue identified. This implies that wave v-blue is completing its role. Following this, we may see the return of the ((v))-green wave pushing higher. Invalidation point: 33.67       Conclusion:   Our analysis, forecast of contextual trends, and short-term outlook for ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB aim to provide readers with insights into the current market trends and how to capitalize on them effectively. We offer specific price points that act as validation or invalidation signals for our wave count, enhancing the confidence in our perspective. By combining these factors, we strive to offer readers the most objective and professional perspective on market trends. Technical Analyst: Hua (Shane) Cuong, CEWA-M (Master’s Designation). Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • Hi @Nate,  Unfortunately, purchasing Gold on IG isn't available, even if it's digital gold that you can buy, hold, and later sell for updated rates. However, with IG, you can trade Gold on our CFD and Spreadbet platforms using Leverage/Margin and capitalize on price differences. You have the option for spot trading or trading futures, holding positions as long as you have sufficient funds to cover your Margin. It's important to note that with spot trading, you'll incur daily interest fees for the leverage used, whereas futures trading doesn't involve additional interest fees as they are covered within our spread.  I agree that storing gold like Smaug isn't always ideal. You have to constantly worry about Dwarves, Elves, or even Hobbits! Jokes aside, you can research how to trade commodities on our platform with leverage and decide what suits you best. All the best, AshishIG
    • Hi, Placed £200 in a Gold Future deal but when it slightly goes down in value my leftover funds are being used and my equity is raised. Why are my leftover funds being used? Can I not just put everything in gold and keep a 100% equity in the deal? wont loose money unless I sell right? 
us