How to set the system to only place order after triggering a price?

wfred

Question

Let’s say US30 is at 33000 now. I would like to enter a long trade 33000 but not now only when 33100 is hit. So how to set an order that when price hits 33100 it will place my buy order at 33000?

Hope someone can advice.

Thank you.

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, wfred said:

Let’s say US30 is at 33000 now. I would like to enter a long trade 33000 but not now only when 33100 is hit. So how to set an order that when price hits 33100 it will place my buy order at 33000?

Hope someone can advice.

Thank you.

Hi @wfred,

If I understand your question correctly, you can't place an order to place another order. If you are going long you would buy at lower price so 33000 and sell at higher price 33100.

Feel free to add some clarifications.

All the best - Arvin

2 hours ago, ArvinIG said:

Hi @wfred,

If I understand your question correctly, you can't place an order to place another order. If you are going long you would buy at lower price so 33000 and sell at higher price 33100.

Feel free to add some clarifications.

All the best - Arvin

Hi Arvin,

thanks for your reply. Actually, you got me wrong. What I meant was, I wanted to go long at 33000 but not only until price hits 33100. So if now price is 33050 I can just queue at 33000 but it doesn’t fulfill my criteria to go long yet. So I’m asking is there a way to set the system to only place my queue to buy at 33000 when the price hits 33100 or above. 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, AndaIG said:

Hi @wfred

You can set an alert for when the price crosses 33100. Then place an order to buy at your specified level after receiving the alert. Unfortunately there is no other way to go about this. 

All the best, 

Anda

Hi Anda,

Well noted.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

Wilfred

• Like 1