Investment limit (SB)

ReadingTrader

Question

Hi,

I want to know how much we can transfer to our account (spread betting)? Put it another way, what is the maximum amount of money we can put there or what is the maximum bet size possible to be taken (if there is a limit).

I appreciate it if you help me here.

Thank you.

Best,

Edited by ReadingTrader

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, ReadingTrader said:

Hi,

I want to know how much we can transfer to our account (spread betting)? Put it another way, what is the maximum amount of money we can put there or what is the maximum bet size possible to be taken (if there is a limit).

I appreciate it if you help me here.

Thank you.

Best,

Hi @ReadingTrader,

Thanks for your post.

There is no maximum funds you can have on your account, I never came across any limitation.

The money you deposit on IG is held in segregated bank accounts under trustee arrangements. This ensures that the cash remains yours, rather than IG’s. It also means that it’s easily identifiable as client money, so IG and its creditors don’t have any charge, liens, or rights of set-off or retention over it.

We have a number of segregated bank accounts at a range of credit-worthy high street banks such as Barclays and Lloyds. We intentionally ensure that client money is split between a number of banks, and we’re not permitted to hold it all in one place.

For dealing there is a maximum consideration, for trades in GBP that would be GBP 25,000, above that amount you will need to call in to deal through the phone.

I hope that it helps.

All the best - Arvin

• Thanks 1