US Dollar Technical Analysis: DXY Trying to Cross 21-yr Trend-line

USD TECHNICAL OUTLOOK

• US Dollar Index (DXY) trading around 21-year trend-line
  • If momentum can continue then March 2020 high next

US DOLLAR TECHNICAL ANALYSIS: DXY TRYING TO CROSS 21-YR TREND-LINE

The US Dollar Index (DXY) is trying to cross a trend-line dating to 2001, a line that also connects the very important Covid 2020 high. The DXY is currently above the trend-line on a daily basis, but given its duration you need to get out a crayon to draw it and look at it on a weekly or even monthly basis.

Nevertheless, momentum has been strong and we could see the important March 2020 high at 10299 tested here shortly. Given the extend nature of the market it seems likely that on a first test of that high we may see at least a set-back induced, but we will need to wait and see how momentum is shaping up at that juncture.

For now, the outlook remains bullish until we see a sharp reversal lower. In the near-term we may see some support come in at a small peak created last week at 10103. This is also right around the long-term trend-line. Would-be longs looking to play the trend may look there for support or the trend-line off the end of March low.

A decline through that support won’t turn the outlook bearish, necessarily. The trend is strong and until we see a hard break and failure to rally it must be respected. A breakdown below last week’s low at 99.82 could start to set into motion a larger decline.

On the flip-side, shorts don’t hold any appeal given the lack of clear resistance. With that in mind, a spike to the March 2020 high could change that view if we see price action get volatile around that 10299 level.

US DOLLAR INDEX (DXY) DAILY CHART

dxy daily chart

DXY Chart by TradingView

Resources for Forex Traders

Whether you are a new or experienced trader, we have several resources available to help you; indicator for tracking trader sentiment, quarterly trading forecasts, analytical and educational webinars held daily, trading guides to help you improve trading performance, and one specifically for those who are new to forex.

---Written by Paul Robinson, Market Analyst. DailyFX | 25th April 2022

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• I overheard a discussion between two friends and one was telling the other that Bitcoin is a scam and that a lot of people preached about the halving and how people could cashout from it. The other friend was trying to convince him to continue holding his asset but he refused and replied that nothing would stop him from selling the coins he's holding.  When I heard that man mentioned cashing out from the halving, I understood that he might know about Bitcoin but he's not properly enlightened concerning it. A lot of expectations were cut short after the halving event cause most people expected Bitcoin to set a new height of $80k but then it didn't even get close to the previous all time high and have reduced below $60k currently.  I think people shouldn't get discourage by that, though I didn't experience other halvings cause I had zero knowledge about Bitcoin then but i think something similar have occurred before in one of the previous halving where Bitcoin price didn't go up as expected but later traced back and went up after some period, a lot of people might begin to panic and sell their coins but I still see this an opportunity to buy more Bitcoin and for those who are not opportuned to do so, holding is the best option, please correct me if you think am wrong  
    • S&P 500, SPY, NASDAQ 100, QQQ, RUSSELL 2000, DAX 40, FTSE 100, ASX 200. Featuring Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Elliott Wave Analysis Indices: Triple Witching Friday 21 June - SP500 and NASDAQ 100: Both indices are in Elliott Wave v of (iii) of iii) of 3 of (5) of 3) of I. The ETFs SPY and QQQ share the same pattern. - RUT (IWM), DAX, and FTSE 100: These indices are struggling to lift off lows. They may need another low to complete their corrective patterns. We are looking for long trade setups if certain levels are met. - ASX 200: Needs to develop support at 7800 to confirm an uptrend and avoid a larger Elliott Wave Triangle pattern. Trading Strategies: - Holding long positions in SP500, NASDAQ, SPY, and QQQ, which are currently the best trade positions. Video Chapters  00:00 SP 500 (SPX), SPY ETF 07:27 NASDAQ (NDX), QQQ ETF 13:39 Russell 2000 (RUT) IWM ETF 15:15 DAX 40 (DAX) 16:33 FTSE 100 UKX (UK100) 19:18 S&P/ASX 200 (XJO) 25:39 End Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge  
    • Non-Playable Coin (NPC) is a weird and wonderful experiment that smashes together meme culture, NFTs, and DeFi. It's like someone threw a bunch of internet trends into a blender and hit puree. But hey, that's kind of what makes it interesting. So, NPC has a massive token supply - like, a whopping 7.9 billion. That's basically the entire global population. It's like they're trying to make ownership a thing for the masses. And then there's the Meme Fungible Token (MFT), which is like a token shape-shifter. It can switch between ERC20 and ERC1155 standards, making it a flexible little beast. So, is NPC the ultimate meme coin for the NFT generation just because it got listed on Bitget? Nah, let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's an innovative project, sure, but it's not the only game in town. There are other meme coin and NFT hybrid projects worth exploring. What do you think, folks? Is NPC a brilliant mashup of memes, NFTs, and DeFi, or just a fleeting fad? Share your thoughts in the comments!"
us