Sign in to follow this  

Highs and Low numbers

Hi I am new to this and bought shares at 950.5 and there up to 1020.0 so far with only a small amount i wanted to try and work out what profit if any there would be if i had say £20,000 in there. I cant seam to find or work the calculators online.

Hi 

There are 2 ways in which you could look at your holdings to see how much profit you have made.

The first way would be to take the £20,000 figure and divide this by the share price of 950.5 (£9.50.5) to give you 2104 shares. You can then use the share price of 1020 (£10.20) multiplied by the amount of shares 2104 to give you £21,460.8 then minus the purchase price to reach your profit figure.

Alternatively a simpler way to put this would be that you are trading 2104 shares which equates to £21.04 per point (number of shares divide by 100) . Then simply multiply this figure by the difference in the 2 prices. I.e. 1020 - 950.5 = 69.5 x 21.04 = 1462.28. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Chris

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    KRY
    Joined 20/11/19 11:26
    • A demo account should work the same as live, otherwise it is misleading.
    • Hey,  The demo leveraged account will work in the same way however there are some issues on the demo account because we test on there to make sure the live account runs as smoothly as possible.  Unfortunately, as mentioned before, we don't offer demo for portfolios but you can find the performance information here. Say you wanted to see the data back from 31st July 2014, you can go back and see the performance since that time: https://www.ig.com/uk/investments/smart-portfolios/performance Thanks for your post. I will get this looked into so going forward this does not happen.   
    • @Trevbeats, Yes I do trade but I am an investor first and then a trader. I trade from the U.K.