S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, DAX 40, and SA40 indices forming bullish price reversals?

Major indices the S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, DAX 40 and SA40 have all started to give some technical indication that a change in their respective price trends could be nearing.

Indices
Source: Bloomberg

Major indices the S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, DAX 40 and SA40 have all started to give some technical indication that a change in their respective price trends could be nearing.

S&P 500 – double bottom testing breakout

S&P 500 chartSource: ProRealTime

The S&P 500 index is currently testing the 4095 resistance level. A close above this level would confirm a double bottom (‘W’) reversal pattern. The reversal pattern would suggest a change in directional trend from down to up.

Should the pattern confirm with an upside breakout, 4300 becomes the initial target from the move, while a close below the 4000 level could be used as a stop-loss indication for the trade.

Nasdaq 100 – double bottom

Nasdaq 100 chartSource: ProRealTime

The Nasdaq 100 (US Tech) also looks to be forming a ‘W’ shaped reversal pattern. The pattern is, however, less evolved than that noted on the S&P500.

A close above 12570 would confirm the pattern, in which case, 13535 would become the initial upside resistance target from the move.

DAX 40

DAX 40 chartSource: ProRealTime

The DAX 40 (Germany 40) is currently testing the breakout level of an inverse head and shoulders reversal pattern. The pattern also suggests a short-term change in directional trend from down to up.

A close above the neckline of the pattern (as is currently trading) would put the pattern into play. In this scenario, 14820 would become the initial upside resistance target from the move, while a close below either the 13850 or 13690 level (depending on appetite for risk) could be used as a stop-loss indication for the trade.

South Africa 40 Cash Index

SA40 cash index chartSource: ProRealTime

Our criteria for a bullish price reversal on the South Africa 40 Cash Index is close to being realised.

The index has now broken through trendline resistance and is now testing an upside break of the 63650 level. A close above 63650 would confirm the upside breakout from a double bottom (‘W’) reversal pattern. The ‘W’ reversal is a suggestion that the market has now stopped making lower lows and is now starting to make higher highs i.e. a change in market direction.

Should the close above 63650 confirm, 64555 becomes the initial target from the move. A close above this level would further target 65600 as the next resistance level. In this scenario (should it manifest), traders might consider using a close below today’s (27 May) intraday low at 62900 as a stop-loss indication for the trade.

Shaun Murison | Senior Market Analyst, Johannesburg
8 May 2022

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, VeChain/ U.S. dollar(VETUSD) VETUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter trend     Mode: Corrective Structure: Flat Position: Wave ((C)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave II of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 0.2100 Details: Wave II Is equal 50% of Wave I at 0.0270 VeChain/ U.S. dollar(VETUSD)Trading Strategy: The short-term retracement of the second wave is likely to retest the 50% level of the first wave at 0.0270. We expect that the price is still likely to fall further, but only as a pullback. short term to continue Wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the uptrend. VeChain/ U.S. dollar(VETUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating a Downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum.       Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge 4H Chart, VeChain/ U.S. dollar(VETUSD) VETUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter trend     Mode: Corrective Structure: Flat Position: Wave ((C)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave II of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level:  Details: Wave C is equal to 161.8% of Wave A at 0.0265 VeChain/ U.S. dollar(VETUSD)Trading Strategy: The short-term retracement of the second wave is likely to retest the 50% level of the first wave at 0.0270. We expect that the price is still likely to fall further, but only as a pullback. short term to continue Wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the uptrend. VeChain/ U.S. dollar(VETUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating a Downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!    
    • Certain centralised platforms have been very intentional about creating wealth for its users to this end CEXs like Bitget have built certain frameworks to aid this adequately.  Through the instrument of its launch pool, it lets users earn massive APR thus providing a good ground for wealth creation. The performance of some of the launchpool projects lends credence to this, the likes of $ENA, $ZKF $GRAPE and a host of others generated good APRs.  In an almost similar exactitude as the launchpool, the PoolX is the new framework that lets users earn by staking $BGB and $USDT to mine other tokens on the platform. From the products Bitget have brought forth it is safe to say the platform is playing a worthwhile part in wealth creation to every crypto enthusiast around the globe.  Personally, I have participated in these and i will say they are worthwhile opportunities to make fortunes off of, i will advise you jump on it too anon.
    • Certain centralised platforms have been very intentional about creating wealth for its users to this end CEXs like Bitget have built certain frameworks to aid this adequately.  Through the instrument of its launch pool, it lets users earn massive APR thus providing a good ground for wealth creation. The performance of some of the launchpool projects lends credence to this, the likes of $ENA, $ZKF $GRAPE and a host of others generated good APRs.  In an almost similar exactitude as the launchpool, the PoolX is the new framework that lets users earn by staking $BGB and $USDT to mine other tokens on the platform. From the products Bitget have brought forth it is safe to say the platform is playing a worthwhile part in wealth creation to every crypto enthusiast around the globe.  Personally, I have participated in these and i will say they are worthwhile opportunities to make fortunes off of, i will advise you jump on it too anon.
us