Jump to content
  • 0

Custody fee for open positions on shares I can no longer trade



I have been charged a custody fee for the open position I have for Frontera Recourses (FRR) however the company has been delisted 3 years ago, and I was told that I would not be subject to a custody fee as long as the company remained delisted.

I asked to have the shares removed from my account but was told that wasn't possible either.

Please can you advise me on what I can do? Can I close my account completely with the open position on a delisted company?

Matt Shelvock



Link to comment

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi @Shelvock

Thank you for reaching out, 

You can email helpdesk.uk@ig.com to have the fee refunded. Unfortunately you will not be able to close the account up until the shares have been deemed worthless by our custodian broker. At which point we will be able to close the position. 

All the best, 


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...