Draw trend lines on indicators

Guest rb63

Guest rb63

I am new to this forum and had a quick look and could not find whether anyone previously raised. I would like to be able to make drawings (e.g trend) on indicators (e.g RSI). Questions

1) can this be done now on the web GUI? Don't think so ...

2) Does anyone else value this improvement?

3) does anyone know whether IG have this feature on their enhancement list?

Hi

You are correct, at the moment you can only create drawings in the price window so if the indicator is displayed in a separate window then you would not be able to add a drawing to it. It might be something worth considering for future updates so I have forwarded your suggestion to our developers.

Thank you for the feedback

Anton

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 26/05/2017 at 10:58, rb63 said:

I am new to this forum and had a quick look and could not find whether anyone previously raised. I would like to be able to make drawings (e.g trend) on indicators (e.g RSI). Questions

1) can this be done now on the web GUI? Don't think so ...

2) Does anyone else value this improvement?

3) does anyone know whether IG have this feature on their enhancement list?

On 26/05/2018 at 16:53, Danial1360 said:

just want to know when will you add this feature ? this could be very helpful 

Hi @rb63 and @Danial1360

We are working towards making IG trading platform charting developments better to provide a good user trading experience.

We would appreciate it if you could take part in the poll and vote as we are continuously working on adding more chart features to our IG trading platform to make your trading experience better. 

Share your valuable & useful feedback on the blog below:

Thanks

All the best - MongiIG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• In the chart, you can see the percentage changes of ETF purchases and Bitcoin prices over the last 7 months. Since I could not find such a chart on the market, I created the visual from my own data and will update it weekly. Now let's move on to the chart. There are two main lines on the chart: Blue Line (Change in ETF Calls): This line shows how much ETF purchases increased or decreased as a percentage. For example, if ETF purchases increased by 10% in a week, the blue line moves upward. If it decreased by 5%, the blue line moves downwards. Red Line ($BTC Price Change): This line shows how much Bitcoin prices increased or decreased in percentage. For example, if the $BTC price increased by 15% in a week, the red line moves upward. If it decreased by 8%, the red line moves downwards. The purpose of the chart is to show how ETF purchases and percentage changes in BTC prices are related over time. This 100% helps us understand how Bitcoin prices react when ETF purchases increase or decrease. I observe that in the weeks when ETF purchases increase, Bitcoin prices also increase at the same rate or very close to it. There is certainly a positive relationship between these two variables, but it is striking that they are so similar in percentage terms. In this way, we will be able to predict not how much Bitcoin will fall, but how much it will increase that week, at least as a percentage as ETF purchases. Accordingly, $BTC long position can be taken.   PS: (I may have had a problem uploading the graphic I prepared. I can send it to anyone who wants.)
    • Any update on this? Any timelines that IG is working towards?
    • GBPUSD Elliott Wave Analysis: Day Chart British Pound/U.S. Dollar (GBPUSD) Day Chart Analysis GBPUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Orange Wave 2 Position: Navy Blue Wave 3 Direction Next Higher Degrees: Orange Wave 3 Details: Orange Wave 1 completed, Orange Wave 2 in play Wave Cancel Invalid Level: 1.26113 The GBPUSD Elliott Wave Analysis on the daily chart examines the British Pound to U.S. Dollar currency pair using Elliott Wave Theory. This analysis focuses on identifying and interpreting market movements within a counter trend. The mode of the analysis is corrective, indicating that the current wave pattern represents a correction within the larger trend. The specific wave structure under observation is Orange Wave 2, signifying that the market is in the second wave of an overall corrective pattern. Within this structure, the position is Navy Blue Wave 3, indicating that the currency pair is in the third wave of a smaller degree within the Orange Wave 2. The analysis anticipates the next higher degree direction to be Orange Wave 3. After the completion of Orange Wave 2, a new impulsive phase, Orange Wave 3, is expected to commence, likely leading to a resumption of the broader trend. Details provided in the analysis highlight that Orange Wave 1 appears to be completed, and the market is currently progressing through Orange Wave 2. This suggests that the market is undergoing a corrective phase after the completion of the first wave. The current focus is on the development and completion of Orange Wave 2 before transitioning into Orange Wave 3. A critical aspect of this analysis is the wave cancellation invalid level, set at 1.26113. This level serves as a threshold to validate or invalidate the current wave analysis. If the market price surpasses this level, it would invalidate the current wave analysis, requiring a reassessment of the wave structure. This invalidation level is essential for maintaining the accuracy of the wave analysis and ensuring effective risk management. In summary, the GBPUSD daily chart analysis identifies the market within a corrective counter trend, focusing on the development of Orange Wave 2 within Navy Blue Wave 3. The analysis suggests that Orange Wave 1 is completed, and the market is now in Orange Wave 2. The next anticipated phase is Orange Wave 3. The wave cancellation invalid level at 1.26113 is crucial for validating the current wave count and maintaining risk management.   GBPUSD Elliott Wave Analysis: 4-Hour Chart British Pound/U.S. Dollar (GBPUSD) 4-Hour Chart Analysis GBPUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Orange Wave 2 Position: Navy Blue Wave 3 Direction Next Higher Degrees: Orange Wave 3 Details: Orange Wave 1 completed, Orange Wave 2 in play Wave Cancel Invalid Level: 1.26113 The GBPUSD Elliott Wave Analysis on the 4-hour chart examines the British Pound to U.S. Dollar currency pair using Elliott Wave Theory. This analysis aims to identify and interpret market movements within a counter trend. The mode of the analysis is corrective, indicating that the current wave pattern is a correction within the broader trend. The specific wave structure under observation is Orange Wave 2. This indicates that the market is currently in the second wave of an overall corrective pattern. Within this structure, the position is Navy Blue Wave 3, suggesting that the currency pair is in the third wave of a smaller degree within the Orange Wave 2. The analysis anticipates the next higher degree direction to be Orange Wave 3. After the completion of Orange Wave 2, a new impulsive phase, Orange Wave 3, is expected to commence. This would likely lead to a resumption of the broader trend. Details provided in the analysis highlight that Orange Wave 1 appears to be completed, and the market is currently progressing through Orange Wave 2. This suggests that the market is undergoing a corrective phase after the completion of the first wave. The current focus is on the development and completion of Orange Wave 2 before transitioning into Orange Wave 3. A critical component of this analysis is the wave cancel invalid level, set at 1.26113. This level serves as a threshold to validate or invalidate the current wave count. If the market price surpasses this level, it would invalidate the current wave analysis, requiring a reassessment of the wave structure. This invalidation level is essential for maintaining the accuracy of the wave analysis and ensuring effective risk management. In summary, the GBPUSD 4-hour chart analysis identifies the market within a corrective counter trend, focusing on the development of Orange Wave 2 within Navy Blue Wave 3. The analysis suggests that Orange Wave 1 is completed, and the market is now in Orange Wave 2. The next anticipated phase is Orange Wave 3. The wave cancellation invalid level at 1.26113 is crucial for validating the current wave count and maintaining risk management.   Technical Analyst : Malik Awais Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
us