Very interesting podcast discussing bet sizing and risk management. Goes into outcomes of experiments that do not come out as you would expect and helps explain how you can lose with a seemingly common sense approach.

Particularly pertinent as the guest is Victor Haghani who was a founding member of Long Term Capital Management that famously went bust in 1998 and I think still holds the record as the biggest corporate bust of all time. 45 min long and quite a bit of math but worth hanging on. 

https://chatwithtraders.com/ep-129-victor-haghani/

From poker player to risk manager for a $200 billion hedge fund. Interview with Aaron Brown.

https://t.co/JndWDk79x1

• Risk management is not about avoiding risk but about giving you choices.
  • Importance of quantitative data.
  • Funds are always long and short and re-balance according to changing price, fundamentals and news.
  • The role of the risk manager in supervising traders.

Very good 44 minute podcast with two very experienced futures traders discuss the 7 cardinal sins traders make. Something for everyone here, very down to earth, you will recognise these sins and gain insight on how to deal with them.

Anthony Crudele and Morad Askar

http://www.futuresradioshow.com/podcast/ms24/

Fred Hickey interview discusses current markets, central banks, US dollar and the economy in general. Gives insight into investing in tech companies, gold, gold miners, crypto and blockchain plus lots more.

fred1.PNG

I’ll give this a listen and report back :) Bang oil in there and those are my key interests

Very wide ranging interview oil was probably in there, but it was also very detailed as well, gave some good specifics on what to look for in gold miners for example though tech is his speciality, had some interesting insight into Elon Musk.

I’m torn on musk. He is obviously a visionary... but so much stuff he quotes and speculated on doesn’t come to fruition. Targets aren’t met etc, and as much as he’s doing good stuff, he gets a bit idolised which i always think detracts and blurs ones vision.

Exactly the point made in the interview, so before considering any investment look deeper to see if a particular project has been set up with proper management to see it through, otherwise forget it.

I listen to this every week on blockchain stuff. I know it’s not necessarily your cup of T (from what you post) but would be interested on thoughts. Or the Community. It’s like a ‘news recap’ type thing. I’ll give yours a listen and report back.

http://bi.11fs.com/episodes

Thought I would flag https://www.macrovoices.com/ as a podcast which I listen to.  They have a regular discussion of the market position for oil, gold and mainly american indices but also have a variety of feature guests who are probably the most interesting aspect. They recently featured Jim Grant on bonds and interest rates which was very interesting.

Interview with Moritz of Tradeciety and Edgewonk. Discusses day trading and swing trading differences and transitioning between the two, trading fx and stocks, brokers, banks and markets.

Also talks about educators (as an educator) and journaling. 

https://twoblokestrading.com/086-swing-trading-profitable-swing-trading-moritz-czubatinski/

Recorded in mid Jan, 48 min, interview starts 10 min in.

My subjective opinion, after hearing this podcast was

I laughed at this map seller of the trading gold , Dr Steenbarger never traded successfully, he wrote books and sold psychology mentoring and  education. Dr Steenbarger does have the map of the trading gold, yet he is selling it through his books etc.

All the BS about volume on forex and past volume analysis, guessing the hft volume and calling it a guide to successful trading.It is the blind leading the blind, a jack of all trades, yet a master of none! No one can tell actual volume in forex. total fallacy bs.

In the gold rush, the only people who made money were map sellers of the the gold, i.e t/a,books,p/a,eas,education etc etc etc

In my subjective opinion he knows more about trading than you ever will and given that you have never traded successfully in over 10 years of trying I will take his opinion over yours any day.

Yes my highness "the high priest of noise",

This just proves "the industry is the blind leading the blind" I have tried to follow author Dr Steenbarger  on many of his Youtube videos, I have also heard over 200 psychology webinars, and I have traded every market.

another guru selling education

Please keep the thread on topic and be civil.

It would be a shame to lock another one due to personal attacks and bickering. 

I was making a subjective opinion on what he was saying.He talked about volume and volume in wall street.Dr steenbarger is not a trader, how would he know, that volume analysis in forex is not possible, hence the fallacy of his guidance.He talks about the hft and pension fund volumes on wall street, volumes become historical and irrelevant, after big funds have done their jobs.

He even talked about  predicting ranging /trending indicator and shifts in sentiments, but Mark Douglas was the real thing, cause MD pointed out much more about not knowing "what the market will do next".It is easy to give advice, that is not practical, when the master knows nought.

I was looking for a decent debate, with like minded traders.

Not surprisingly you have got this wrong. He did talk about volume and relative volume and it's application to indices. He then talked about the fx market and tick volume (he was asked specifically about it). He knew exactly what he was talking about.

I long ago learnt you don't debate but just randomly troll.

Past volume has no relevance to market behaviour for the short term trader, it becomes hindsight knowledge and useless in predicting where price is going next on indices, volume on stocks is relevant  and this pushes indices, he talks about indices ticks.This is total BS.Same applies to his understanding of forex.

No constructive debate but accusations of trolling!

He talked specifically about short-term (prop) traders and differentiated between them and portfolio traders, he has worked with many of both groups. He talked about the correlation between volume and price movement and how and where to find it and see it.

Indices increments are called ticks whereas fx increments are called pips.

You didn't really listen at all did you, too much of a hurry to get on with the trolling.

This thread started off nicely, with some unusual links, then it reverts to slipping in advertising for Tradeciety (posted hundreds of times on I G forum).

In fact the tradeciety clowns were hindsight  gurus  and quite laughable stooges wanting to ***** noobs.I heard past of their podcast and shut them up.Closed it , waste of time.

Seems like this forum will soon become " come and learn from podcasts of  internet marketers "

That's right, keep shifting the argument around, move the goalposts whenever you get called out and your debating points shown up as being nonsense, it's what you always do. Next will come the abuse and name calling, so predictable.

Oilfxpro you really are laughable with your multiple logins and your inability to argue your corner without shifting the goalposts when your bs is called out. So predicable, so boring.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Ddchart
    Joined 12/12/18 07:05
  • Our picks

• The pattern continues - APAC brief 12 Dec
      The pattern continues: Wall Street indices have been swinging about madly again. The pattern continues: an open, a rally or fall, then a retracement or recovery. Today we’ve had an open, a rally, then retracement, then a recovery again. There were stories behind this price-action. Everything that happened overnight appeared perfectly explicable. One wonders though if the swings in trading activity are being overly attributed to headlines. Or perhaps it’s the case that higher volatility and sensitive nerves are leading to accentuated moves. Whatever the cause, fundamentally, the bears still have control of the equity market. There is a softer intensity to the selling on Wall Street this week. However, with the extremeness of last week’s moves having not been unwound yet, what we are seeing is sellers piling in on top of sellers, bit by bit.

ASX200: SPI futures have turned positive, after oscillating wildly during the overnight session. That contract is indicating a 17-point jump for the ASX200 at time of writing. Yesterday was a tepid but respectable day for Australian shares, managing to muster a 0.4 per cent gain for the day. Volume was slightly above the 100-day average and breadth was okay. Growth stocks led the charge, following US tech’s gains the night prior, with the health care sector up 1.7 per cent, courtesy of a strong bid for CSL and ResMed. The materials space was the biggest points score for the index, adding 8 to the overall index’s performance. The trend is still down for the ASX200, as it is with global equity indices presently. However, yesterday’s daily candle, combined with a bullish divergence on the RSI, suggests some buyers are re-entering the market in the short-term, potentially offering temporary upside to ~5700.
      • 0 replies
    • Trading in Asia was mixed as US shares stabilized overnight. In the meanwhile, the ongoing discussions between China and the US adds uncertainty.
      • 0 replies
    • Brexit pains - APAC brief 11 Dec
      Day 1 of 5: Monday looks like it may be one of those days where Wall Street hesitantly pulls itself up out of the dirt in the final hours of trade. There is just under two-hours to go in the US session, and at a high level, things appear not-too-bad. Let's return to America a little later. Whichever way we happen to end the first 24 hours of trade for the week, heightened risk, growth fears and bearishness is still driving sentiment. There has been no shift in market behaviour to indicate a market turnaround is upon us yet. If anything, the headlines regarding the macro-landscape added to the negativity. The data traders received was mixed; rather it was the numerous developments in the politico-economic sphere that inflamed trader's trepidation.

The Brexit tragicomedy: The big story overnight must be Brexit. This week ought to be about the state of Europe, and at its outset, it has been. If the potential consequences weren't so dire, the situation would appear comical – akin to some absurd, but all-too real life Waiting for Godot re-boot. First-up, the European Court of Justice released a ruling that the UK could unilaterally cancel Brexit and revoke its action of Article 50. UK Prime Minister Theresa May has dutifully shut down that notion. But things did get sticky when Prime Minister May announced she would delay a vote in Parliament of her Brexit bill, on the understanding she lacked anywhere near the required votes to get it passed lawmakers.
      • 0 replies