Guest PandaFace

He talks about new regs for monetary transfers and stuff from the government coming into effect soon (around the 18 minute mark). 

Any one have any ideas? Great podcast tho. @TrendFollower would enjoy I’m sure.

Guest PandaFace

Listened to a few parts again. Would like to update my statement from ‘great’ to ‘really great’. What I like about this is he obviously is keen on crypto but he also has a good handle on his business and knows the processes for the markets...

i mean, owning your own exchange for a number of years should probably have that effect... but yeh, knowing liquidity and settlement of different assets and instruments, AND being able to say them so clearly. Solid Talent. 

Yes it's a bit special, to have a commentary from someone who has the perspective of an intraday trader right through to a hedge fund manager and then beyond to that of running an exchange is something else. Very clever guy.

Also in explaining in perfectly reasonable terms why the 2 head offices are based in the British Virgin Islands and in Gibraltar without once mentioning tax or regulation was so well put the interviewer missed it altogether, made me laugh. 

• 3 weeks later...

Very good interview with Sean Corrigan. Very quick fire discussion on Austrian Economics. Covers a lot of ground;

Hayek vs Keynes. Sentimentals and fundamentals. The econ crisis. Central banks. The next crisis. Blockchain and crypto. Capital controls. Govt controls. Cashless  society. Carney and rate rises (ha). Gold and ETF's. Current situation and inflation and interest rates.

About 1 hour.

https://www.cobdencentre.org/2018/08/state-of-the-markets-podcast/ 

• 3 weeks later...

All things fraud. Dan Davis interview, former regulatory economist at BoE and author of 'Lying For Money'. 

http://www.allthingsrisk.co.uk/2018/08/20/ep-89-dan-davies-lying-for-money/

We get into the various topics covered in the book including:

• The concept of the “optimum level of fraud” in and economy ? this sounds counter-intuitive but because both fraud and economic growth depend on trust, there will always be a level of fraud in an advanced economy;
  • The types and characteristics of fraud;
  • The mechanics of different types of fraud, including lots of examples;
  • Rogue traders;
  • Why frauds have a “snowball effect”;
  • The role of primal, human emotions in fraud
  • Much more

1 hour 10 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Ed Crane said:

A very entertaining and very informative podcast I have recently started listening to

2 episodes particularly worth listening o are the most recent one om Tesla and  and latest bone which is an interview with Andrew Left. 

It is US orientated but the same rules apply

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/quoth-the-raven/id1348446973?mt=2

Quoth the Raven #65 - Tesla Shitshow, Act 12: “Staying Public” :D:D:D:D:D:D great title. Thanks for the link I've been looking for something to listen to on the commute.

Very good vimeo presentation for longer-term investment traders who are looking to ride big trends on where to position a stop loss. Uses statistics to break down what is the best position in percentage terms using stock market data from 2000 on. Very revealing.

From Nick Radge  (The Chartist).

'The Science of Stop Losses' 15 min. (Click on the blue tab to open new browser page)

• Like 1

Another interesting video from Nick Radge on 'Equity Investing With Relative Momentum'. Presented in his usual statistically backed way the trend following, trend riding strategy, which is presented in detail, is a long-term strategy that won't suit everyone but there are still a lot of takeaway ideas. Interesting, quite simple and clearly laid out.

(45 min)

https://www.tradelongterm.com/relative-momentum-video/

nr1.thumb.PNG.4220529f414abaabf7a90b45b16bffd2.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Very good new podcast with CryptoCred, lots of great advice, covers a lot of ground, indicators, money management, setups and much more replete with some very colourful language.

Includes thoughts on how the crypto markets sit at the moment.

If you missed it in another thread here's a link to Cred's study plan mentioned in the interview.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UJBLRa9Sh0PZ0vL_wI9uDVbIRxVUdazE/view

• 10 months later...
42 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Podcast interviewing Chris Weston, (previously of IG Australia). I haven't heard the whole thing yet but Chris is always worth a listen. I'm hoping he will talk about using implied volatility as described in the video of his posted in the Technical Analysis thread.

told you he was good 🙂

• Great! 1

The twitter bears are taking a lot of flak at the mo and with good cause, especially the likes of Edgeye and Zerohedge who called a recession in 2015 and were wrong so they just repeat the call every year since in the expectation of being right eventually.

Amusingly enough many traders have build this psychology into their trading plan, imagine anyone trying to continually short a bull market for 5 straight years, and yet as I've pointed out for years using the sentiment data of IG clients short/long positions that's exactly what many have been trying to do.

Here's the thing, you don't need to guess, a chart will tell you if it's bearish.

As Chris in the podcast above says, a market making new all time highs just can't be anymore BULLISH, there is only one way to go.

So if the chart lines up with the macro and both are clearly bullish 'buy high and sell higher'.

Do yourself a favour and spend the 50 minutes to listen to the podcast, you will learn something.

image.png.76510686e34af8db565c25aaef2c2134.pngimage.png.bfd1e844766f52163314cb3fe7d8d7c6.png

• Great! 1
4 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

I've picked out this episode to listen to on a rainy Sunday afternoon. Nick Radge, it's his second interview, his earlier interview is number 004.

I just notice Nick Radge is also on number 178, I've not listened to this one but could be useful for anyone looking to build a new system.

178: The Blueprint: Create a simple trend following system w/ Nick Radge

https://chatwithtraders.com/ep-178-nick-radge/

7 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

I've picked out this episode to listen to on a rainy Sunday afternoon. Nick Radge, it's his second interview, his earlier interview is number 004.

https://chatwithtraders.com/ep-064-nick-radge/

'Trading only 50 times a year limits your P&L'

'Trading 500 times a year lets you exploit your edge'

Pretty much goes against all professional wisdom on the subject of trading.  'The more you trade, the more you lose.'

34 minutes ago, dmedin said:

'Trading only 50 times a year limits your P&L'

'Trading 500 times a year lets you exploit your edge'

Pretty much goes against all professional wisdom on the subject of trading.  'The more you trade, the more you lose.'

I think that was in reference to the different strategies as in a mean reversion system with smaller targets needs more trades than a trend following system that is longer term.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fourth episode down;

MAY 4, 2020

The Hound of Hounslow and the Flash Crash

An extraordinary story about the man who helped trigger one of the biggest financial crashes in US history - ten years ago this week - from his bedroom in a West London semi-detached house.

Guest: 

Liam Vaughan, journalist and author of Flash Crash.

Host: Manveen Rana.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/podcasts/stories-of-our-times

Back in 2016 I started a Podcast thread that seemed to have got wiped (like a lot of stuff) in the switch to the new forum platform. My all time favourite from that thread is from the 'Chat with Traders' series featuring Tom Dante so I've re-linked it here.

https://chatwithtraders.com/ep-039-tom-dante/

“If you’re not working on your edge, someone else is.”

“Either you change your destructive behavior, or you bow out of the game.”

Chat with Traders series home page here where you can find over 190 interviews with traders from around the world.

https://chatwithtraders.com/

• 4 weeks later...

Trader Tom Dante has just uploaded to YouTube a periscope recording he made 5 years ago telling some great stories about his previous 15 years as a trader. Lots of trader, broker and prop firm secrets revealed (including one featuring IG). Very entertaining and sometimes shocking but definitely an education.

(1 hour 10 min).

Language warning.

Edited by Caseynotes