Your thoughts on ProRealTime

MongiIG

Question

image.png

Thousands of IG clients love using ProRealTime for the Decision support tools, Trading interface, Automatic trading and Backtesting capabilities. With that in mind we are always trying to improve the client experience and would appreciate it greatly if you could tell us about your experience using ProRealTime. 

Some of the particular points we are interested in:

• Did you know about ProRealTime before joining IG?
  • What feature convinced you that ProRealTime was the platform to use?
  • Is it an easy process to activate ProRealTime, if not how can we make it easier for you?
  • Is it easy  to launch ProRealTime or would you like to launch it in a different way?
  • Do you like the default blue template or do you prefer another, what is your favorite ProRealTime template?
  • Which windows do you think are essential to see on a default ProRealTime template?
  • What would you like to change or add to the platform?

We would love to hear from you!

For more information visit the following link: ProRealTime

All the best - MongiIG

image.png

• Like 2

1, yes

2, ease to program 

3, yes

4. yes

5 I have  made my own templates, I don't like the blue one

6 one containing price action is essential 

7, yes, it lags a bit  for stocks , so prorealtime isn't always "real time" . that's the change needed

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, phillo said:

1, yes

2, ease to program 

3, yes

4. yes

5 I have  made my own templates, I don't like the blue one

6 one containing price action is essential 

7, yes, it lags a bit  for stocks , so prorealtime isn't always "real time" . that's the change needed

Thanks for your feedback @phillo

All the best - MongiIG

It is easy to use but it has alot of limitation and hidden issue due to its server-side trading.

For eg. Backtesting in Prorealtime, you can set your own number of units to backtest Eg. 10K

but in the live trading it is limited to 1k on their server end, therefore if your code relies on too large number of units to work, there will be error.

If prorealtime allows client-side trading, this issue will be resolved.

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Fei_ said:

It is easy to use but it has alot of limitation and hidden issue due to its server-side trading.

For eg. Backtesting in Prorealtime, you can set your own number of units to backtest Eg. 10K

but in the live trading it is limited to 1k on their server end, therefore if your code relies on too large number of units to work, there will be error.

If prorealtime allows client-side trading, this issue will be resolved.

Thanks for your feedback @Fei_

All the best - MongiIG

Did you know about ProRealTime before joining IG?
- No.

What feature convinced you that ProRealTime was the platform to use?
- Speed, multi-monitor support for several charts, built in tools.

Is it easy  to launch ProRealTime or would you like to launch it in a different way?
- Yes. Would prefer desktop shortcut.

Do you like the default blue template or do you prefer another, what is your favorite ProRealTime template?
- Custom, minimal plain black background.

What would you like to change or add to the platform?
- Add option to auto-disable alert after first activation.
- Add multiple profit targets to manual trading.
- Add partial stop loss to manual trading.
- Add simple "IF, THEN" options to manage the ability to auto move stop loss, partial stop loss, profit targets, etc. 
- Fix for 4hr candle open & close times to be adjusted to match Tradingview UTC in forex for example.

• Thanks 1
On 16/09/2022 at 20:18, AC7 said:

- No.

Is it easy  to launch ProRealTime or would you like to launch it in a different way?
- Yes. Would prefer desktop shortcut.

Do you like the default blue template or do you prefer another, what is your favorite ProRealTime template?

- Add option to auto-disable alert after first activation.
- Add simple "IF, THEN" options to manage the ability to auto move stop loss, partial stop loss, profit targets, etc. 
- Fix for 4hr candle open & close times to be adjusted to match Tradingview UTC in forex for example.

Thanks for your feedback @AC7

All the best - MongiIG

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Danielll said:

PRT is great. However i've recently noticed the volume profile is provided by IG and is not accurate when compared to exchange volume or from other platforms eg., MarketSmith and TradingView. This is very misleading when relying on price / volume action to make a trade.

Thanks for your feedback @Danielll

All the best - MongiIG

1) I did not know about PRT.

2) The ability to fully customise my screen and some of the tools.

3) Activation was easy.

4) I wish there was nothing on my screen during daily activation. The notification saying that PRT is opening covers part of the IG online platform, so for a moment I cannot see anything either online or on PRT. It is also rather annoying that other notifications such as rejected orders cover my laptop screen in a way that prevents the next try until each notification window is manually closed. 

5) I actually like the blue template.  :-)

6) ProScreener, Order Books and Lists of instruments.

7) Placing or closing positions in very volatile moments can be an issue. Instead of getting the nearest possible price, PRT rejects the orders (whereas the IG online platform accepts them). If you could help solve this, and also take away the intrusive notification windows, things would improve a lot. 

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, mabeth said:

1) I did not know about PRT.

2) The ability to fully customise my screen and some of the tools.

3) Activation was easy.

4) I wish there was nothing on my screen during daily activation. The notification saying that PRT is opening covers part of the IG online platform, so for a moment I cannot see anything either online or on PRT. It is also rather annoying that other notifications such as rejected orders cover my laptop screen in a way that prevents the next try until each notification window is manually closed. 

5) I actually like the blue template. 🙂

6) ProScreener, Order Books and Lists of instruments.

7) Placing or closing positions in very volatile moments can be an issue. Instead of getting the nearest possible price, PRT rejects the orders (whereas the IG online platform accepts them). If you could help solve this, and also take away the intrusive notification windows, things would improve a lot. 

Thanks for your feedback @mabeth

All the best - MongiIG

1. No

2. I am able to customise and just easier to use than online version.

3. Yes

4. Would prefer to launch via desktop somehow rather than having to log in to online account.

5. I don't like the blue. Customised to black/grey.

6. Open positions / Order list / Watchlist / Chart

- Option to add SL / TP from open positions list rather than chart.

- Option to display total margin in use in open positions statistics area.

- Ability to display SMA on daily chart only, so doesn't then show on 4H/1H/Etc.

- For instruments on watchlist to show change from previous days close not current days open (when using intraday charts with specific market times selected).

I haven't been using for too long so the above suggestions may already be possible but I just haven't found them yet!

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, steves33 said:

1. No

2. I am able to customise and just easier to use than online version.

3. Yes

4. Would prefer to launch via desktop somehow rather than having to log in to online account.

5. I don't like the blue. Customised to black/grey.

6. Open positions / Order list / Watchlist / Chart

- Option to add SL / TP from open positions list rather than chart.

- Option to display total margin in use in open positions statistics area.

- Ability to display SMA on daily chart only, so doesn't then show on 4H/1H/Etc.

- For instruments on watchlist to show change from previous days close not current days open (when using intraday charts with specific market times selected).

I haven't been using for too long so the above suggestions may already be possible but I just haven't found them yet!

Thanks for your feedback @steves33

All the best - MongiIG

1) No

2) Tick defined time frames

3) Yes

4 ) Yes

5) I have my own template

6) NA for me

7)   

I would love a replay option so I can trade "Live" a previous day.  I believe Tradestation has that option. 

Automatic trading can be done on a tick defined timeframe. 

I cluster lots of small trades so an option to costumise how trades are displayed would be great.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Nihest said:

1) No

2) Tick defined time frames

3) Yes

4 ) Yes

5) I have my own template

6) NA for me

7)   

I would love a replay option so I can trade "Live" a previous day.  I believe Tradestation has that option. 

Automatic trading can be done on a tick defined timeframe. 

I cluster lots of small trades so an option to costumise how trades are displayed would be great.

Thanks for your feedback @Nihest

All the best - MongiIG

Ability to housekeep workspace re: Daylight Savings has been improved which is good. Custom indicators need tweaking a bit to account for AUS and EU Daylight Savings changes, after that all good.

Not sure whether news events could find there way into PRT as they have with IG's own charts. Customer rolling there own cal. events would be nice as would Multiple Lists.

Otherwise pretty good overall.

Edited by inverse
  • Thanks 1

- Yes I am using it in a free mode for its charting ability. I am not using it within IG atm. It would be good to trial it within IG. 

-  For the free version I use the desktop shortcut.

- Custom, I have several templates, black background.

A 4 week trial within IG

• Thanks 1

- Yes

- Easy coding, multi-monitor support for several charts, online forum.

- Would prefer desktop shortcut.

these three are great ideas, posted above, i agree strongly with all of them

• Thanks 1

Would be be nice to have the SPX and other indexes on PRT even though they're not tradable.
Are the after hours price for US stocks reflected in the charts  20 min delayed or real time.  As I don't see that in the tick charts.
Cleaning up the data / US stock prices on the Daily Charts would be nice. Instead of using the daily charts I need to use the 10,20,50k tick charts for a cleaner chart.

Luv the PRT platform  Pete : ))

• Thanks 1
On 08/10/2022 at 05:45, inverse said:

Ability to housekeep workspace re: Daylight Savings has been improved which is good. Custom indicators need tweaking a bit to account for AUS and EU Daylight Savings changes, after that all good.

Not sure whether news events could find there way into PRT as they have with IG's own charts. Customer rolling there own cal. events would be nice as would Multiple Lists.

Otherwise pretty good overall.

On 08/10/2022 at 06:11, Zaphod said:

- Yes I am using it in a free mode for its charting ability. I am not using it within IG atm. It would be good to trial it within IG. 

-  For the free version I use the desktop shortcut.

- Custom, I have several templates, black background.

A 4 week trial within IG

On 08/10/2022 at 07:43, teamjans said:

- Yes

- Easy coding, multi-monitor support for several charts, online forum.

- Would prefer desktop shortcut.

these three are great ideas, posted above, i agree strongly with all of them

On 09/10/2022 at 02:36, tradinglounge said:

Would be be nice to have the SPX and other indexes on PRT even though they're not tradable.
Are the after hours price for US stocks reflected in the charts  20 min delayed or real time.  As I don't see that in the tick charts.
Cleaning up the data / US stock prices on the Daily Charts would be nice. Instead of using the daily charts I need to use the 10,20,50k tick charts for a cleaner chart.

Luv the PRT platform  Pete : ))

Thanks for your feedback @inverse, @Zaphod, @teamjans and @tradinglounge

All the best - MongiIG

Yes

Backtesting, historical data, trade automation

• Is it an easy process to activate ProRealTime, if not how can we make it easier for you?

Yes, easy

• Is it easy  to launch ProRealTime or would you like to launch it in a different way?

Once setup, it's easy

• Do you like the default blue template or do you prefer another, what is your favorite ProRealTime template?

No preference

• Which windows do you think are essential to see on a default ProRealTime template?

Current one is fine

More historical data for backtesting (200K is not enough for lower timeframes; preferably be able to use all available data since the instrument started trading), significantly faster backtesting with larger datasets (or perhaps an option to execute these backtests on own machine rather than on PRT servers), extension (or better yet, removal) of automatic closing/termination of PRT software after 18 hours of continuous usage (some backtests can take longer than this to complete), allow simultaneous backtesting of multiple trading systems (with the results screen summarising and ranking the best systems),  plus a setting/toggle to enable automatic saving of workspace every few minutes (or a user-defined period).
5 hours ago, ttf said:

Yes

Backtesting, historical data, trade automation

Yes, easy

Once setup, it's easy

No preference

Current one is fine

More historical data for backtesting (200K is not enough for lower timeframes; preferably be able to use all available data since the instrument started trading), significantly faster backtesting with larger datasets (or perhaps an option to execute these backtests on own machine rather than on PRT servers), extension (or better yet, removal) of automatic closing/termination of PRT software after 18 hours of continuous usage (some backtests can take longer than this to complete), allow simultaneous backtesting of multiple trading systems (with the results screen summarising and ranking the best systems),  plus a setting/toggle to enable automatic saving of workspace every few minutes (or a user-defined period).

Thanks for your feedback @ttf

All the best - MongiIG

Yes. I joined IG because of PRT.

Initially (many years ago) templates showing multiple timeframes and the ability to code my own indicators. More recently its been the ability to use the trade templates (preset trade size, stop loss and limit). However this has gone backward in the last year or so. It is no longer possible to create a trade template with a decimal trade size, e.g. £33.33 rounds to £34. This is one of the things that needs to be changed.

Yes, easy but it would be better if you didn't keep disabling it on demo accounts.

It's easy enough but it sometimes takes quite a while for it to launch.

I'm not too concerned about the colours of chrome but I have made my own template for bar colours etc.

Current one is fine for default.

- More historical data available on charts (200K is not enough for lower timeframes)
    - a setting/toggle to enable automatic saving of workspace every few minutes (or a user-defined period).
    - Re-enable the decimal trade amounts on trade templates as mentioned above.
    - Add a setting to allow auto-volume trade preferences to default to Stop instead of Limit and persist this setting so I don't have to go and change it on each of my charts each time I log in. Better yet add separate buttons on the trading toolbar for auto volume stop entry and auto volume limit entry.

It's great to see IG polling for improvement ideas from its customers. Feel free to contact me by email if any of that is not clear enough.

• Thanks 1

I forgot to add one of the most important point for improvement. The current alerting system in Prorealtime is absolutely terrible. We should be able to upload as many custom sounds as we like and to select any uploaded sound for each different alert.

Ideally we should also be able to call a function in code to sound an alert in a custom indicator. MT4 and MT5 already have this but I appreciate that adding it to PRT would be a lot of work for the developers.

Multiple custom sounds should really be there already though. I seem to recall that this used to be in the software in one of the earlier versions several years ago.

• Thanks 1

No

The fast amount of overall options, automatic trendlines, alert options

Yes

Easy enough

I made my own black one. But the overall interface does look a bit dated (Windows XP style). 

Auto trendlines

Quite a bit:

1) It happens multiple times that the the price action of the candles is shown on your own platform, but not in PRT.

2) Possibility to link multiple charts with timeframes to eachother, instead of just one ticker.

3) Alerts by mail with more possible rules, not only on price levels.

4) PRT doesn't show you the margin required for a trade, or how much I still have availible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1