Order history on chart

Hi, I am new to IG and FX trading so a bit confused. I placed my first trade last night. (demo account). I went long and the trade was going well. I went to bed and in the morning the trade had finished with a small loss but the trade had never come down to even past where I had ordered never mind my stop loss. Anyway my question is can you see your history on the chart so I can analyse where it went wrong? I no I can see history but can't seem to get it on the chart. Cheers. Matt

Hi @Matjoss

Thanks for reaching out, 

Unfortunately you will not be able to see your trading history on the chart. However you are able to view your trading history under My IG>Demo accounts>History. 

This will give you details on the closing price and time. You can then go to cross reference this with the chart. Remember as you had a long position you would need to sell to close. Therefore ensure that your chart is set to the bid price when cross referencing. 

All the best, 

Anda

Thanks Anda

Is there any record anywhere of my stop loss was or take profit i.e. is this not recorded anywhere?

Looking at the chart at the time the trade ended the candle did not go past my entry point never mind my stop loss.

Thx.

Hi @Matjoss

We usually not account specific here as it is a public forum, but as it is a demo I will explain. Trade on USDCAD opened at 12910.3 had a limit at 12918.3 and a stop at 12906.3. Stop was triggered and the trade was closed accordingly. See screenshot below: 

All the best, 

Anda

image.png