IG mobile app outage and pathetic help desk responses, no refund almost 10 days

Hi, there was an outage on 26th August and I could not close my trades. 

At one point in time I was at breakeven but I am not sure, could have been in a bit of profit too or very little loss.

I shared data of transactions, couple of them were options, some of them were index futures trades etc.

My request has gone into dispute as they said the time I referred to and prices are not matched, some UTC and UK time ****.

So I told them to analyse their own logs when was the outage and compare the price, I was in real panic and still I am, so my reported timing could be off a bit.

Another problem I have is as the option expired, what is the way I go back in the history and open up the charts to show them? They have neve come back to me on that.

It has been almost 8-9 days and the response is pathetic and cold, in fact no response for the last 2-3 days.

Has anyone gone through this pain and successfully came out of it?

What is your overall experience with IG trading? So far I have found the mobile app execution really ****, to the level I might close my accounts with them.

On 05/09/2022 at 01:18, Harty10 said:

Hi, there was an outage on 26th August and I could not close my trades. 

At one point in time I was at breakeven but I am not sure, could have been in a bit of profit too or very little loss.

I shared data of transactions, couple of them were options, some of them were index futures trades etc.

My request has gone into dispute as they said the time I referred to and prices are not matched, some UTC and UK time ****.

So I told them to analyse their own logs when was the outage and compare the price, I was in real panic and still I am, so my reported timing could be off a bit.

Another problem I have is as the option expired, what is the way I go back in the history and open up the charts to show them? They have neve come back to me on that.

It has been almost 8-9 days and the response is pathetic and cold, in fact no response for the last 2-3 days.

Has anyone gone through this pain and successfully came out of it?

What is your overall experience with IG trading? So far I have found the mobile app execution really ****, to the level I might close my accounts with them.

Hi @Harty10,

Thank you for your post.

It seems that you contacted the helpdesk and they offered a resolution.

You can access the Options charts by adding the market on the workspace then click on a call or put and click on the chart logo at the top right hand corner of the dealing ticket as below:
image.png

I hope that it helps.

If you need further assistance on your dispute please reach out to helpdesk.uk@ig.com.

All the best - Arvin