Sign in to follow this  

Not happy at all with new platform

I'm going to straight out say I don't trust it - the deal tickets lag when moving them, 1/2 the window highlights in blue when touching a deal ticket like you have copied and about to paste. When placing a order with the classic platform and new side by side the new is visibly slower(try it and see). I don't know why you need to add a place deal click after deciding to buy/sell - is it so you can hedge against the client? Must be nice to know the intentions of clients just before they execute?? There is no need for this added click from a client perspective - buy or sell not buy/sell THEN place deal - 100% garbage!!

I want one click fast execution, with the ability to place a stop(guaranteed or otherwise) and target before I click - why all the other garbage cluttering up. If people want twitter go to twitter, if people want to buy/sell then place a deal go to sprint markets or if people want them add a preferences area for all this instead of adding before hand - then you see real demand if they click through for it!

Before you start nothing wrong with my internet, I have been with the IG for 10+ years with very few issues but this is a embarrassing effort by you guys - I think you gave zero input to people who use it beforehand, forged ahead with what's good for you and what you think people want(wrongly) and just try to do a poor sell job on a weak platform. Really genuinely disappointed in your application and the fact you see fit to stop running the classic platform. These are genuine misgivings - if it were better I would not post here now.

Thinking of leaving sadly - Chris

I completely agree with you Chris as an 5 year+ IG user. The new platform packed with too many side features using too much resource. The classic platform is unbeaten in order execution among competitors with lightening fast 1-click execution and well designed deal ticket, whereas the new platform packed with so many charts/news/twitter or what ever unimportant stuff. I wouldn't actually call the 'deal ticket' in the new platform as it is just a price chart with picture part collapsed in. Please address and also keep the classic for old users!

Doubt they will listen though m13,

There is a lot of added things that should be a preference in my opinion - Why they can't simply have the old ticket on the new platform, and all the new social media/added charts as a preference? Have a basic new platform with the old style deal ticket with nothing(charts/twitter/news) clogging up cpu. If people need a added place deal click after deciding to buy/sell let them choose(I still think this is a disgusting anti client feature). Why are IG trying to reinvent the wheel - 1 click trading with stops & fast execution is a basic - everything else should be a choice.

Ok I'm sure they may have reasons to try to upgrade but this should not be at the expense of your best feature. If I were wrong on anything I said pretty sure a mod would have defended - but it is hard to justify something fundamentally wrong. Visibly slower execution, lagging charts, unusual highlighting & a buy/sell THEN deal and that's after a side by side comparison on a few different days to give it a chance. But you don't have my trust or faith in your new platform.

Hope someone can respond/address these issues or at least say why they can't????

Hi 

I’m sorry to hear about your experience so far, but really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback! I’m hoping I can address most of your points, but there’s further work we need to do to solve some of the problems you’re having

I don't know why you need to add a place deal click after deciding to buy/sell - is it so you can hedge against the client?

Our rationale behind this is for two reasons (and it's not to hedge against our clients). First, to make it consistent with placing a trade at the current price, and also at a different price (the Order ticket has a ‘Place Order’ button). The main reason though is because we can display much better info on the ticket when it knows if you’re buying or selling. For example, we now display on the ticket if the resulting position will leave you net long or short on a market (and how much). If you use Force Open, it also tells you both legs. It’s very useful if you have multiple positions on a market, and want to clearly know what the end exposure will be after the trade. This isn’t possible when the final trade button is buy or sell.

Also, the ticket now displays much more accurate margin calculations that take into account your existing positions. For example, if you’re hedged long and short, you’ll get reduced margin rates, so the ticket accurately reflects this. On the classic platform, this isn’t reflected because we don’t take into account existing positions. because you have to select buy or sell at the point.

NWTP Place deal.jpg

I want one click fast execution, with the ability to place a stop(guaranteed or otherwise) and target before I click

Have you tried one-click dealing in conjunction with the new settings for remembering deal sizes and stops and limits? You can trade directly from a watchlist with one-click, and your stops and limits are automatically remembered (from the last trade), meaning you can trade extremely quickly. You could also just use this setting with normal deal tickets and significantly save time by not having to enter the same distances each time. It’s worth mentioning that levels are saved for each market, so if you trade different markets, it’ll save different stop or limits distances for each one.

the deal tickets lag when moving them,

I’m surprised to hear this and would like to get to the bottom of it. Can you post a screenshot of your workspace/platform set up, so that we can begin some testing? If you don’t want to post it here, email helpdesk.uk@ig.com and put “Att: Anton” in the subject. We’ll get testing and report back!

1/2 the window highlights in blue when touching a deal ticket like you have copied and about to paste.

I agree this shouldn’t happen, but we know it does. We’ll look to suppress this because I know this can be distracting. It will be fixed, but I don’t have a date right now.

If people want twitter go to twitter,

You can disable the Twitter feed by pressing the menu button at the top of it, and it will automatically save this setting as part of the workspace. We put it on as default to highlight the feature but appreciate some people might want to disable it.

I hope the above provides a bit more explanation for you. Throughout building the new platform we’ve listened to a lot of feedback (check the ‘Releases’ area of the Community for the changes we’ve put in since launching it), and we’ll keep making changes based on feedback like yours. I hope you can send us a screenshot so that we can start trying to fix the performance issue you’ve got.

Anton

Hi Anton,

thanks for responding, as you may guess I disagree with most of your points however well put. I have been very happy for 98% of the time with IG for well over 10 years but this is breaking my no forum/twitter/social media stance as I'm not impressed so far.

I don't need any other info than the current price, I would never force open giving license for slippage. It's my responsibility to understand the trade or series of trades margin requirements. Its irrelevant to have this, I simply am not interested it what you IG think I need. I understand my risk/margin and do not need extras clogging up cpu - if others need or want it let them have it as a preference not standard. There is no need to buy/sell then deal, I think the spreadbet industry is well known to hedge clients so there is no secret - I'm no conspiracy junky either.

One click - every trade is independent so I would prefer to decide myself at the time not what happened on the last trade like I do now - no rocket science here either!! Also when i say speed, please look for yourself and compare the classic and new side by side, click buy/sell at the same time or do 20 classic then 20 new - I think you will visibly see it is slower like I did - that is what I mean by fast execution - if this is a true upgrade to the old surely it will be noticeably quicker but it is not.

The deal tickets move slowly, possibly because of all the new upgrades - just something I noticed & I know I can delete the twitter - just pointing the you choose I don't scenario which seems to run through your upgrade.

If it truly were better i would be happy and not nippy like I am, but I am because I don't see any upgrade in speed or choice above the classic. The last prorealtime upgrade was a true upgrade to the previous, no whingeing because it was good - this isn't so far. What are your thoughts about people leaving because of this, quite a few mentioning it in the posts I looked through over the last few days........

Yes Ive mentioned your points also in my unhappiness with the new platform Im a big believer in " if it aint broke dont fix it " and if you do make **** sure its an improvement not  like some idiots thrown a few ideas together for the guinea pigs to winge about

Your point about stops Ive also mentioned that but it hasnt been addressed there should be a stop box in the one click window by right its a grave omission, advocating trading without stops!!

They say it can be done buy dealing from a standard ticket and next time itll remember your stop,.Thats a sticking plaster remedy as stop distances vary throughout the day . It could even auto default to the minimum stop for your market then could could choose whether to trade or not .If you use "remembered stop" and stop distance is wider you are then stopped from trading 

if you place the stop after one click trading the stop box should auto default to the min stop instead of you having to "fish for where it is.

I dont want to have to move from IG but unless they listen a bit more and make the new platform at least as good as the classic my hand may be forced

Agree Yorkshire,

the bottom line is its my and your cash at risk, I'm amazed anyone would trade live with 10+ pages of bugs and issues but to each their own. Why they can't add a classic deal ticket as a preference if they have to persist with the "upgrade". My simple IG heaven is MY watch list with multiple deal tickets with fast execution, stops and targets in point values - not a lot to ask!! Well I'm going to be picketing the lines in order to try - if I have to post everyday then so be it. If it's IG hard earned at risk then do what they want but its not, my cash is on the line and I going heckle, bug and annoy till someone does something about it, or head elsewhere which I am looking into whenever the classic goes.

Catch you around..................................

Hi

I have attached an image of how I set up the workspace in order to improve the speed of trading. I  create a workspace to which I add a Watchlist containing items I trade frequently. To add the Watchlist to the workspace you would only need to have the workspace open and then click on the add to workspace button. I do the same with my open positions window so I can quickly close a trade without having to go into the ticket, I can just click on the close button next to my open position.

I then set up multiple tickets on the workspace by right clicking the names of the instrument I want to trade from the Watchlist and then I select the option to open a ticket. You can arrange the tickets by resizing them so they do not overlap.

By saving your trade sizes it could also save you time by not having to complete the size field each time, this would help if you tend to trade the same sizes on certain instruments.

You can also create multiple workspaces, you can have one just for indices and once just for Forex pairs, once you have added your tickets and Watchlists to a workspace then it will be automatically saved so initially it will take some time to set up but once it is done then you can quickly switch between your workspaces should you want to trade different instruments.

NWTP Screenshot Of Tickets.PNG

let me know if you find this useful.

Thanks

Anton

Anton, you don't seem to understand at all what I'm getting at. I'm not interested in how you set up a workspace/tickets/trade sizes. It has zero to do with the point of my unhappiness with the new platform - it really doesn't.

Take the time to do a like for like comparison of the classic and new execution speed. Now I have and clearly the new is slower - its all the bumpf that you have added on that slows the most important feature in a spread bet/broker - the execution speed. Please try it and I urge all IG clients to do the same and judge for themselves...........Any upgrade should be faster not slower surely??????

On top of this I want to choose at the time of trading my size/stop loss and target I want and then buy or sell NOT buy/sell then place deal.

Look at the complaints just recently, slow platform, massive CPU usage etc etc and your allowing clients to use it, and planning on fading out the classic which is the only one that works properly.

I appreciate you took the time to come back but you have to deal with the actual issue I'm concerned about - not some fluff I can sort out myself in 2 mins.

I look forward to your next response AFTER your own like for like comparison of execution speed. Hope you are truly honest and not towing the party line/salesy - you will see just by sight alone the new platform is 100% slower after just a few clicks!!!

'Lag' and 'visibly slower' sounds great, Chris. I'd love simply lag. It takes me somewhere between 30 seconds and a minute to set up an order ticket. I'm constantly warned of unresponsive scripts. I wouldn't dare attempt to trade using the new platform.

Hi

I am sorry to hear about the errors you receive on the new platform, there could be a few reasons for the errors but I would need some more data to troubleshoot the issue properly. I will send you an e-mail to gather some more information so we can look at a few options which may improve the performance.

Thanks

Anton

Hey Doctor S,

Sorry to hear about your oh so familiar problems. I do not use it, I have tried a few times but its garbage in my opinion. 11 pages of issues and they are phasing out the only workable platform - its an embarrassing effort for a upgrade - yet no-one seems to get it at IG, I honestly thought much better of them and face the issues head on. Instead you get answers that have zero to do with the complaint.

I'm sure the developers were touching themselves thinking of all the bells, whistles and lights they could add but forgot the basics. Speed of execution and ease of use and have failed miserably on both - If they can't admit there are serious issues and still let their clients use live while there are then they should be ashamed of themselves - I won't hold my breath!!

Hi, just logged in and not happy at all with this.

Please revert back to the original.  If its not broken, why try and fix it.

Hate this version.  

Anton

Your mind must be very overworked as your reply is a load of Gobbledegook. One would need a top university degree to follow your instructions. The Classic platform must be costing IG an awful lot of money if they are going to so much trouble to replace it !

Seems like some highly paid individual in IG has nothing better to do than destroy a great platform ! 

The Classic Platform is perfect format in all respects. The new platform is awful to view and complicated to use. I have had several exchanges with IG imploring them to maintain the Classic Platform and I hope common sense will prevail. 

Kit

Is there no way of changing back to the old platform. At least before you could choose which platform to use. I do not like the new one at all

Honesty its looking more & more like the new platform is a lousy attempt @ a revamp to wow us, which is an epic fail...:smileytongue:

why not simply tell us (your clients) that flash support is ending, & as the classic platform is flash based there will be support problems, ..........personally I'm mystified as to why IG did not simply port it across to html5

stopher55  - on the dashboard there is a drop down menu where is says open platform - click on the down arrow and you can still access the best IG platform - the classic

Zero courtesy/ honesty or respect for the people who's money is at risk(the clients if IG are wondering) - plenty of other options out there. I got no response that dealt with the issues and I don't think anyone will. They are doing it & don't give a #@#@ sadly.

I was told after opening a new joint CFD platform with my wife and enquiringly why I couldn't get percentage used in My Balance as before that I didn't qualify now but I did before. I didn't want a mandatory stop loss, but was told this is what I have to have, even though it now limits me from some trades. What is going on?

James 

i found the platform a breath of fresh air. the old one was  dated and the charts too clunky.

are there plans to introduce  mulitple take profits  levels and a break even function in the future.also the ability to put a stop at a predetermined risk level based on account size would be nice

I agree ogsol, anyone using IG charts for any analysis would need their head reading! If your happy with their efforts(apart from what you are asking for) I'm delighted for you. But I have seen a proper upgrade from ninjatrader 7 to 8 - Years before they asked repeatedly what clients wanted, took a long time to eventually get a beta version for some clients to try to find bugs, then fine tune before full roll out. And would you believe its what the clients asked for.................

I'm not asking for it to be pulled(but I think its a disgrace IG let people trade this live), all I want is a "lite" version without all the bells and whistles clogging cpu, with the same deal ticket as the old. Surely this can be set as a preference so people as yourself who like it can fill your boots, but I can do what I want too as well - its my money after all - I  don't think this is unreasonable???

Can I still trade on IG markets Australian platform while travelling overseas?

Hi  - that shouldn't be a problem. The legality of trading is based on your fixed residential location rather than any holiday or temporary overseas movement. Please be aware that sometimes shared networks, hotels etc may have firewalls or blockers, or have restrictions on visiting certain sites. 

It would also be nice to just put my pointer on a 5 minute barrel to get an accurate read out of all the times immediately and not have to plow through this NEW PLATFORM with all the NEW things that are supposed to help you.  When I first started with A + B system with the Classic platform I was earning approx £20 K per year !!!  With this new system I have gone down to £8 K per year !!!  Please please give me back my CLASSIC PLATFORM !!!

What happened to DMA for the new platform? I have to go back to the previous platform to trade. Especially required if you wan't to be part of closing auctions. Great platform for  searching, portfolios, charts: useless for trading.