TRADE SIZE

YomboSB

Question

3 answers to this question

12 hours ago, YomboSB said:

Hi

I am a trading newbie, wondering if any one can tell me why the min trading size varies from one instrument to the other ?

0.5 in some and 1 in some ??

Hi @YomboSB

Welcome to IG Community. 

Different minimum sizes give different minimum exposures per market. There are different minimum exposures our desks are willing to take per market. This is purely based on the exposure we are willing to offer as the minimum for that market. For example, the standard minimum size you can take for FTSE 100 is 0.50 on a spread bet account. Using the current price of 7037, your exposure in the market would be 3 518.5 (0.5 x 7037). So that's the exposure size we are willing to offer our clients.

All the best, OfentseIG

I was wondering: is it possible to calculate (roughly at least) the minimum deal size given the recent market price or volume? I have a trading bot and need minDealSize to calculate the position size. Currently  I store min. deal size values that I scraped from IG API in a database, but I am not sure if it is a good idea as I do not know whether midDealSize values are fixed and constant or updated by IG depending on price factors.

23 hours ago, spiff said:

I was wondering: is it possible to calculate (roughly at least) the minimum deal size given the recent market price or volume? I have a trading bot and need minDealSize to calculate the position size. Currently  I store min. deal size values that I scraped from IG API in a database, but I am not sure if it is a good idea as I do not know whether midDealSize values are fixed and constant or updated by IG depending on price factors.

Hi @spiff

Please note that these are updated by IG according to price factors,  therefore you  can't use any data to predict the change.  IG decides on it's own,  what the mini deal  size is. You can find the minimum deal size on the deal ticket.

All the best - MongiIG