Jump to content
  • 0

Watchlist question - Change and percent change


GrinTense

Question

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
15 hours ago, GrinTense said:

Hello,

New here.  Can somebody explain how the change and % change computed in the watchlist?  I guess I want to know if it's in pips and what timeframe was it computed from?  thanks in advance. :)

Hi @GrinTense

The change is the price change in points. The percent change is that change in percentage form. There is no time frame, but the percent change only changes if the change in the price is equivalent to 1 basis point or more. All the best, OfentseIG

Link to comment
  • 0
On 19/10/2022 at 17:19, OfentseIG said:

Hi @GrinTense

The change is the price change in points. The percent change is that change in percentage form. There is no time frame, but the percent change only changes if the change in the price is equivalent to 1 basis point or more. All the best, OfentseIG

Hello OfentselG,

Thanks for the response.  However, I'd like clarification.  When you say points is this the same as pips? Also, I don't understand how can a price change be not based on a time frame?  It seems to me that there is no way to compare price when you don't reference it to a time period.  Unless.... it's based on real time ticks?

I think i also don't understand basis points so if you can direct me to a link in IG or outside to understand it better? 

Link to comment
  • 0
22 hours ago, GrinTense said:

Hello OfentselG,

Thanks for the response.  However, I'd like clarification.  When you say points is this the same as pips? Also, I don't understand how can a price change be not based on a time frame?  It seems to me that there is no way to compare price when you don't reference it to a time period.  Unless.... it's based on real time ticks?

I think i also don't understand basis points so if you can direct me to a link in IG or outside to understand it better? 

Hi @GrinTense

The change and percentage change you see is measured on a daily time frame. We get these from our data providers. This measures the change from midnight until now and constantly changes after midnight. I hope this answers your question. 

On the IG platform, the change in points is equivalent to pips. In GBP/USD, for instance, 0.0001 is one pip. Let’s take a look at the EUR/USD currency pair. If the market moves from 1.1600 to 1.1601, that 0.0001 increase would be a single pip move. IG would normally refer to it as 1 point movement. 

All the best, OfentseIG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
On 21/10/2022 at 23:13, OfentseIG said:

Hi @GrinTense

The change and percentage change you see is measured on a daily time frame. We get these from our data providers. This measures the change from midnight until now and constantly changes after midnight. I hope this answers your question. 

On the IG platform, the change in points is equivalent to pips. In GBP/USD, for instance, 0.0001 is one pip. Let’s take a look at the EUR/USD currency pair. If the market moves from 1.1600 to 1.1601, that 0.0001 increase would be a single pip move. IG would normally refer to it as 1 point movement. 

All the best, OfentseIG

 

FINALLY!  After sooo long if finally understand percentage change. LOL!  Thank you very much, I appreciate your response!

  • Great! 1
Link to comment
  • 0

Hi @OfentseIG

On the same topic - is there an issue with the Change & Change%? On my watchlist shares (not forex) it now appears the change is reflecting a weekly change and not the daily change? Some seem accurate whilst others are way out (e.g. ACP). Is this due to your figures coming from a third party?

Also, on opening a chart into the workspace whereas it used to show the daily change as well as the chart time period change, it now only shows the chart time period change?

Thanks

Owen

Link to comment
  • 0
5 minutes ago, OwenJ said:

Hi @OfentseIG

On the same topic - is there an issue with the Change & Change%? On my watchlist shares (not forex) it now appears the change is reflecting a weekly change and not the daily change? Some seem accurate whilst others are way out (e.g. ACP). Is this due to your figures coming from a third party?

Also, on opening a chart into the workspace whereas it used to show the daily change as well as the chart time period change, it now only shows the chart time period change?

Thanks

Owen

Hi @OwenJ

We just reported this to the relevant team. There is a known issue with the percentage change on the platform, both web and mobile platforms. If you need further updates on the incident please quote the case number INC0678336 when contacting IG. 

All the best, OfentseIG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
7 minutes ago, OfentseIG said:

Hi @OwenJ

We just reported this to the relevant team. There is a known issue with the percentage change on the platform, both web and mobile platforms. If you need further updates on the incident please quote the case number INC0678336 when contacting IG. 

All the best, OfentseIG

Thanks for the rapid (and clear) reply, Owen

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...
us