CHART OF AUSTRALIA 200

xailiu

Question

3 answers to this question

I have the same issue, the Australia (CFD) view on a non-CFD account also now disappeared. 
Previously I could add views for different indices, but that all disappeared. Only left with an ASX200 CFD view which is also now gone. Everything is going backwards, losing all the info I plotted on the chart.

I suspect the reason for this is, IG has now removed the option from the menu.
"Indices" was a menu option a month ago, but they since removed the charts, but left the menu option.
They have now also removed the menu option from Share Trading accounts and thus, you have NO indices views available. 
I complained about this backwards step in "view" functionality in a ticket and IG Markets says one thing and then does the complete opposite in flipping me the middle finger.

" Dear Mr. ......,

Kindly be advised an IT Incident has been raised to further investigate why this has happened. If you wish to follow-up with an update, the reference number is INC0663660. 

A current work around for this would be to click on "Watchlists" tab > selecting "Popular Markets" > Add to workspace. Note however, it is a limited list of CFD markets you can view.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Paul
Trading Service
s"

I am seriously unimpressed with this continuous watering down Share Trading account functionality and cannot help but notice the incessant push to use a CFD account instead, because by IG Markets own admission, clients lose money using it and we all know nothing is off limits in trying to bait & hook people into signing up for something a business can profit from. 

I am open to anyone having suggestions of which other online trading tool they had more success with than this thinly veiled daylight robbery. 
Just look at this review on IG markets and you can understand the push to used CFD accounts and watering down Share Trading account functionality.

" WARNING

Spread bets and CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 81% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading spread bets and CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how spread bets and CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. Professional clients can lose more than they deposit. All trading involves risk."

It is only a matter of time .... read about the class action here.

Edited by pipsqueak